10 Ways To Make Your Marriage Work: How To Save Your Marriage From Crashing
March 6, 2015 – 10 Ways To Make Your Marriage Work: How To Fix A Broken Marriage & Achieve Harmony With Your Spouse
- Cut down your expectations; know that the other person cannot do exactly what is in your mind at all times. We have different ways of dong things so enjoy the privilege of seeing another method from your spouse.
- Accept that there is no perfect marriage; we are all trying to make the best out of little.
- Don’t threaten with divorce; seek ways to move forward.
- Be careful with words; they linger longer than you can ever imagine.
- You have the keys to your emotional flow; make it work for you.
- Realize that every marriage has it’s hard times; be ready to give enough support as this would speak well of your commitment to the union.
- Take comparison out of your way; you can desire good things but don’t throw tantrums if they don’t come.
- Cultivate the right attitude at all times. This could be very difficult but the more you discipline yourself, the better it become.
- Remind yourself that you are the person to change and not your spouse. The good thing about this is as you change, he/she finds it easier to love and things get better.
- Treating your spouse with honour makes them feel important and wanted. Don’t jest in public about his/her mistakes or weaknesses.
Finally, if you have tried all you could but nothing good is happening, find a mature and objective third party; someone you both respect and talk things over.
A little contribution from someone who has walked the road before you could be the saviour of your stormy relationship but be careful who you confide in; the quality of advice/counsel you get can impact your life.