A Day In The Life Of A Naija Blogger Pt 2
August 9, 2014 – A Day In The Life Of A Naija Blogger Pt 2
One year after our first article in this series, things have changed.
Blogging has become a routine and a hobby for me.
Join me as I expose my updated daily routine with you:
- Wake up, check emails, return calls, verify stories via email and over the phone
- Wait for replies and verifications before publishing.
- Approve comments, frown at silly comments, edit to avoid trouble. This takes minimum of one hour [YES O NA HARD-WORK]
- Remove tribally abusive words from comments to avoid tribal sentiment. (Sometimes we miss it, pardon us or just report it in form of comment)
- Smile when someone makes a funny comment, Laugh Out Loud when it is super funny
- On a busy news day, grab a cup of coffee while waiting for news verification emails, dose off sometimes. [E NO EASY ABEG]
- Still dey for office, schedule articles to run the next day
- Edit and verify news reports from our reporters before publishing.
- Check the spam folder to see comments waiting for approval
- Approve more comments, YAWN, and head home.
- Sometimes I work all night to reduce workload in the day.
- Steps 1-10 continue the next day.
Over the years, my job as a blogger has become a routine, no complain, I love it.
Please keep the comments rolling, we love it, you make our days too.
HOW TO POST COMMENTS ON NAIJAGISTS.COM
See the graphical instruction below
Our team: NaijaGists.com is managed by 3 reporters and madam aproko. We are based in VI, Lagos.
We plan to hold a big end of the year party to honour fans and ourselves this year. Stay tuned, we will give you update before then.