Baby Girl Burnt Alive In Sapele House Fire; Parents Lock 9-Month-Old Child At Home

baby burnt to death sapele house fire

August 30, 2013 - Baby Girl Burnt To Death In House Fire In Sapele Delta State; Parents Lock 9-Month-Old Child At Home

An innocent 9-month-old baby girl locked up in a house by her parents has been reported burnt to death.

The girl’s mother was said to have gone to the market to earn a living by plaiting peoples’ hairs at Sapele yam garage while the father was also at work.

The incident occurred at about 7.00pm, Wednesday. The whole building was brought to ruins as neighbours could not put out the fire while men of Sapele Fire Fighting Service arrived late.

It was reported that the grand-father of the infant who was alerted of the incident was later involved in salvaging other parts of the building without knowing that his grand child had been consumed by the fire.

When Vanguard visited the scene, neighbours and sympathizers where seen wailing over the loss of the baby just as household items littered the place.

At press time, the cause of the fire was yet to be ascertained, but source at the Sapele Fire Fighting department, who preferred anonymity, confirmed that it was due to electrical spark from power fluctuation.

[Culled from Vanguard Metro]