Mass Killing Of Igbo Youths: Nigerian Army Refutes Campaign For Democracy Allegation

mass killing igbo youths

January 9, 2017 – Mass Killing Of Igbo Youths: Nigerian Army Refutes Campaign For Democracy Allegation

The Nigerian Army has refuted allegation of ‘mass killing of Igbo youths’ by the Campaign for Democracy (CD), an online publication recently.

Col. Sagir Musa, the Deputy Director Army Public Relations of the 82 Division of the Nigerian Army, Enugu, in a statement in Awka yesterday described it as “an “unjustified, invidious and over flogged accusation.’’

He said the CD claimed that “no fewer than 2000 Igbo youths had been killed by the Nigerian Army under the guise of Rules of Engagement.’’

He said that other publication allegations including “Military Killed 150 Pro-Biafra Protesters’’ had also been severally thoroughly refuted in many media platforms by the Nigerian Army. “It is the same position that this rejoinder has soundly adopted.

“For emphasis and clarity, the Nigerian Army as an accountable, morally and professionally sound organisation had variously through its Human Rights Desk at the Army Headquarters, painstakingly investigated allegations of rights violations.

“The results indicated specifically that this claim is false, malicious and should therefore be ignored for the sake of Nigeria.

“Instructively, the Nigerian Army under its constitutional authorization to aid Civil Authority and Military Aid to Civil Power must continue to act in the best interest of the nation (in collaboration with other security agencies).”