Motivational Thought Of The Day: Don’t Use Excuses To Cover Up Failure, Get Up And Try Again
March 6, 2015 – Inspirational Thoughts For The Day: Don’t Use Excuses To Cover Up Failure, Get Up & Try Again
I have a close friend who recently found herself in a long distance relationship.
After over 1 year away from her hubby, the successful business woman has packed up her beauty shop to take care of her only child.
To make matters worse, she has resorted to begging her father to succeed.
So last week, she came for a visit and we had a lengthy discussion.
After a while, I got to know that her only excuse for not pursing her thriving business was that her husband is not around to take care of the baby and that she doesn’t have the time for the biz anymore.
After the discussion, I came to realise that giving excuses is an express way to failure.
No matter what you wanna do, please go ahead and gather strength to do, do not allow excuses to stop you.
My friend was a mother of one and she’s complaining, what should a busy mother of two do?
Here is my take on all of this guys, whatever you plan to achieve in life, do not allow excuses or inconveniences of the moment to stop you.
Excuses have a way of rubbing off on our focus.
Please stay focused and pursue your dreams to success.
Here are some inspirational quotes for the day:
- The only man who is really free is the one who can turn down an invitation to dinner without giving an excuse. ~Jules Renard
- Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure. ~Don Wilder and Bill Rechin
- Don’t make excuses — make good. ~Elbert Hubbard
- He who excuses himself accuses himself. ~Gabriel Meurier, Trésor des sentences
- Several excuses are always less convincing than one. ~Aldous Huxley, Point Counter Point
- Maybe you don’t like your job, maybe you didn’t get enough sleep, well nobody likes their job, nobody got enough sleep. Maybe you just had the worst day of your life, but you know, there’s no escape, there’s no excuse, so just suck up and be nice. ~Ani Difranco
- How strange to use “You only live once” as an excuse to throw it away. ~Bill Copeland
- Don’t do what you’ll have to find an excuse for. ~Proverb
- No one ever excused his way to success. ~Dave Del Dotto
- Excuses are the tools with which persons with no purpose in view build for themselves great monuments of nothing. ~Steven Grayhm
- And oftentimes excusing of a fault
- Doth make the fault the worse by the excuse.~William Shakespeare
- Bad excuses are worse than none. ~Thomas Fuller
- A lie is an excuse guarded. ~Jonathan Swift
- Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anyone else expects of you. Never excuse yourself. ~Henry Ward Beecher
- If you don’t want to do something, one excuse is as good as another. ~Yiddish Proverb
There is always a perfectly good excuse, always a reason not to. The hardest freedom to win is the freedom from one’s excuses. ~Robert Brault
We excuse our sloth under the pretext of difficulty. ~Marcus Fabius Quintilian
Whoever wants to be a judge of human nature should study people’s excuses. ~Hebbel
There is no such thing as a list of reasons. There is either one sufficient reason or a list of excuses. ~Robert Brault
We have more ability than will power, and it is often an excuse to ourselves that we imagine that things are impossible. ~François de la Rochefoucauld
Two wrongs don’t make a right, but they make a good excuse. ~Thomas Szasz, The Second Sin
Difficulty is the excuse history never accepts. ~Edward R. Murrow
Pessimism is an excuse for not trying and a guarantee to a personal failure. ~Bill Clinton
I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took an excuse. ~Florence Nightingale
Excuses drain you of energy needed for success, stop complaining just do it. ~. NaijaGists.com