MTV Africa Music, MAMA Awards 2014 Full Winners List & Red Carpet Pictures
June 8, 2014 – MTV Africa Music, MAMA Awards 2014 Full List Of Winners & Red Carpet Pictures
Nigerian musicians did a very good job at the recently concluded MTV Africa Music Awards 2014 in South Africa.
As earlier reported, Davido, Tiwatope Savage, Flavour Nabania and Clarence Peters brought home six awards.
Mafikizolo also won two awards “Best Group and Song of the Year for “Khona”…
Dbanj made a surprise appearance on stage and performed with Trey Songz…. Miguel danced to Skelewu with Davido….During his acceptance speech,Davido said “I’m just 21 and living my dreams”
The Oops! moment of the night was when Host Marlon Wyanas called Dr Sid’s Agbada outfit a trash bag”..Many Nigerians didn’t find it funny…
Other winners from Africa include
- Best Group: Mafikizolo (South Africa)
- Best New Act: Stanley Enow (Cameroon)
- Best Collaboration: “Y-tjukutja” – Uhuru Ft. Oskido, DJ Bucks, Professor and Yuri Da Cunha (South Africa/Angola)
- Best Hip Hop: Sarkodie (Ghana)
- Best Alternative: Gangs of Ballet (South Africa)
- Best Francophone: Toofan (Togo)
- Best Lusophone: Anselmo Ralph (Angola)
- Song of the Year: “Khona” – Mafikizolo ft Uhuru (South Africa)
- Best Pop: Goldfish (South Africa)
- Best International: Pharrell
- Personality of the Year: Lupita Nyong’o (Kenya)
- MTV Base Leadership Award: Ashish J. Thakkar (Tanzania)
See some from photos from MAMA 2014 red carpet below:
A big congrats to all the winners.