Nigerian Man Electrocuted In Abule Egba Lagos While Fixing AC
April 3rd, 2013 – Nigerian Man Electrocuted In Abule Egba Lagos While Fixing AC
If it were possible to take a trip to the land of the dead and summon their son back to life, the grief-stricken parents of Sule would have paid any amount for the journey. Sule was electrocuted while repairing an air-conditioning unit for a client.
The tragedy recently occurred in Ekoro area of Abule-Egba in Lagos. Sule’s parents had earlier lost two other sons, who reportedly drowned in a river at Ayetoro in Ogun State. Daily Sun learnt that the deceased and his master were at the client’s place to repair an air-conditioning unit. Sule’s boss, it was gathered, soon left his apprentice to continue the repairs while he went for some other assignment. He promised to return soon.
There wasn’t electricity supply at the time they started the repair but the job didn’t really need electricity. When the man got back to the place, he got a rude shock, as the lifeless body of his apprentice stared him in the face. The young man had been electrocuted when public power was suddenly supplied to the area. He lay lifeless on his back even as his right hand held one of his tools while the left was folded. “Sule had only been with me for two years.
And he had known almost all he came to learn. He was such a very gentle, easy-going, careful and brilliant apprentice. I can’t believe this has happened to him. He was never a carefree learner,” the man said even as he fought back tears.” The client that Sule and his master were working for could hardly believe what had just happened. “This is joy turned sorrow for me,” he stated.
“How could this happen at a time that I am about to get married? My wedding is just a few days from today.” “It’s so painful that Sule had neither a wife nor a child before this tragedy befell him. He was such a fine young man with a promising future. See how cruel fate terminated his dreams,” Mama Adija, one of the residents of the area, who claimed to be close to the deceased, lamented even as people in the area wailed.
The police at the Abbatoir Police Station at Abule-Egba were promptly informed about Sule’s death on the same day and his remains were taken to his bereaved family in Ayetoro community in Ogun State. A close friend to the deceased, who identified himself simply as Farouk and who also lives in the area, told the reporter that what happened to Sule would increase his parents’ grief.
Sule’s elderly parents, he informed, just lost two of their children to drowning late last year. “What happened to Sule would cause more pain for his parents. This is because late last year, two of his siblings got drowned in their village river. They were three that fell into the river in a mysterious way but one of them just managed to survive it.
The family is still grieving from the tragedy when this occurred. It will add more to their sorrow. It is such a cruel world,” Farouk stated.
[Source: Daily Sun]