Pancake Recipe: How To Make Spicy Nigerian, African Pancake
May 9, 2014 – Pancake Recipe: How To Make Nigerian, African Pancake
Hello my fellow Naijagisters and welcome to this edition of Naija Kitchen.
Today we will be learning how to cook Nigerian Pancake the right way.
In this lesson, we’ll learn how to make 10 pancakes and the average cook time is 30 minutes.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 10 table spoon of flour (wheat or all purpose flour)
- 1 table spoon of granulated sugar or 2 table spoons of honey
- half table spoon of salt
- 1 cup of water ( you can add more or less depending on the level of thickness you want)
- 2 table spoons of powdered milk, 1/3 cup of saturated milk
- 2 eggs
- If you want it spicy, use one small pepper aka Scotch bonnets or Ata Rodo (Make sure it is chopped)
- Half of a medium sized Onion (chop it)
- 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter ( you can also use vegetable or corn oil if you want)
1) Mix the two eggs in a small bowl and set it aside
2) Sieve the flour in a separate medium sized bowl. Dissolve the powdered milk or dilute the saturated milk in the cup of water. Make a well in the middle of the flour and pour in the milk. Mix till you get a smooth batter.
3) Gently add the whisked eggs, sugar, salt and mix to get a smooth runny batter (The more milk/eggs you add, the thinner your pancakes would turn out)
4) Add the chopped pepper & onions, mix to incorporate.
5) Heat a non-stick frying pan and add a trace of butter/margarine or vegetable oil ; Spread evenly over the cooking surface.
6) Pour in two cooking spoons full of the batter and swirl to spread evenly. Cook for 1 minute and flip over for a further 30 seconds.
7) Transfer to a flat plate and repeat the process till the batter is used up.
8) Serve Hot with any beverage.
A big thanks to Dobby signature for the inspiration.
Now go and try it out and leave your comments.
See you on the next episode of Naija Kitchen