Pastor Biodun Ibitola Is Dead: Remdel TV Boss Remi Ibitola’s Wife, Mama Remdel Dies In Ile Ife Today
May 15, 2016 –Nigerian Film Producer Abiodun Ibitola Is Dead: Remdel TV Boss Dies At Ile Ife Hospital
Nollywood Yoruba Film Producer Abiodun Ibitola Is Dead: Remdel TV’s Remi Ibitola’s Wife, Mama Remdel Dies In Ile Ife Today Sunday May 15 2016
The Chairman of Akure-based Remdel TV channel, Remi Ibitola is bereaved.
His wife, Biodun Ibitola popularly called Mama Remdel left this sinful world in the early hours of today in Ile Ife Osun STate.
According to her husband, Pastor Mrs Biodun Ibitola lost her battle to an undisclosed illness today at a private hospital in Ile Ife where receiving treatment.
The deceased graduated from OAU Theatre Arts department and worked at various TV houses and radio stations before her untimely departure.
In 2007, she received Excellence Award in Creativity and the same year, she bagged Nollywood Outstanding Personality Awards.
In 2009, she won ZAFAA award for Best Indigenous Film producer.
She produced movies like Ofin Ga, Ojo Ola, Afonja and Owo eje.
Her husband, Remi Ibitola, the Chairman of Remdel TV confirmed her death this afternoon.
See condolence messages from friends and fans of the deceased below:
- “We lost her this morning, Pastor (Mrs) Biodun Ibitola, MD REMDEL TV (Channel171) on StarTimes Jan 1, 1965- May 15, 2016. Biodun came, saw & conquered within a short span of 51 years!”
- Pastor Mrs Biodun Ibitola also known as Remdel Communication has pass on to the great Beyond at 51 years of age well death do not proud because at the end u will be chain, it really pains me when I had d sudden news. Mama Remdel Rest on till we meet to part no more at the bossom of our Lord.
- Not long ago it was Alhaji Abbass Akinwande now Aunty Biodun Ibitola Rendell. Death why dealing seriously with we young broadcasters human reservoir this way pls enough of this ugly news. Good night aunty Rendell the best Yoruba presenter l have ever come across.
- So sad: The broadcast industry lost one of its finest hands, Mrs Biodun Ibitola(CEO, Remdel Optimum Communications) earlier today. May God grant the seasoned broadcaster eternal rest….
- This is incredible! Mrs Biodun Ibitola (Mama Remdel) Rest in Perfect Peace.
- Glorious Passage of Pastor ‘Biodun Ibitola, MD Remdel Communications Ltd
The Management of REMDEL Optimum Communications Ltd. announces the death of its Managing Director, Pastor (Mrs.) ‘Biodun Ibitola (Nee Agboola). Pastor Ibitola died in the early hours of Sunday 15th May, 2016 at the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital after a brief illness.
- Pastor Ibitola was a seasoned broadcaster, music and film producer. She was Press Secretary to the wife of former Governor of Ekiti State, Erelu Angela Adebayo, between 1999 – 2003. Under her leadership, Remdel Optimum Communications promoted musical and video works of artistes such as Evangelist Bisi Alawiye, Evangelist ‘Dunni Olanrewaju (Opelope Anointing), Evangelist ‘Tope Alabi, Evangelist Daniel Aregbesola. She also led REMDEL into film production with successful titles as “Afonja”, “Owo-Eje”, “Ofinga”, among others. ‘Biodun was, until her death, the Managing Director of Remdel TV broadcasting on Channel 171 on Startimes. She was also a Pastor with Covenant of Peace Family Fellowship.
She is survived by her aged mother, husband and two children.
Dr. Ajibola Basiru
For the Management
- ADIEU BIODUN IBITOLA (MAMA REMDEL)…REST IN PEACE.
I just got the news of the death of MRS. BIODUN IBITOLA (MAMA REMDEL). This is a great loss to all in the film production and broadcasting industry at large.
To many of us, Mrs Biodun Ibitola came to the limelight as a dogged, strong-willed and bold Yoruba newscaster (then popular BIODUN AGBOOLA) of RADIO NIGERIA AKURE in the early 1980s (particularly in the pre,during and post 1983 general elections period). I came closer to her in 1987 during an audition when I was making attempt to join the IRIRI AYE DRAMA GROUP.
She will be greatly missed. May her soul rest in peace. Amen
May her soul rest in perfect peace (amen).