Sunday Inspiration: Experiencing The Wonders In The Word Part 2
August 9, 2015 – Sunday Inspiration: Experiencing The Wonders In The Word
Last week, we began this teaching series with understanding that God’s Word is pregnant with wonders and this is why all miracle, signs and wonders are direct confirmations of the Word. We also explored some of the Wonders imbedded in God’s Word and how to access this wonders. This week, we will examine other virtues required to access the wonders in God’s Words, as we conclude this teaching series.
- To access the wonders in God’s Word, We must be Spiritual: It is one thing to be filled with the Holy Ghost but it is yet another to be spiritual. We can be filled with the Holy Spirit and still be carnal. For instance, the Corinthians church was not behind on the gifts of the Spirit yet they were carnal. It is therefore important to be spiritual because a natural man cannot understand the things of God, for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them because they are spiritually discerned. The more spiritual we are, the greater our access to the deep things of God (1 Corinthians 1:7; 1 Corinthians 3:1-3; 1 Corinthians 2:14).
- We must walk in the Spirit: It is written, “I was in the spirit on the Lord’s Day and I heard….”It takes a man of the spirit to hear from heaven. It is not enough to be born again, filled with the Holy Spirit and be spiritual, we must be men and women that walk in the spirit, this is because God can choose to speak to us at any time. If we are not in the spirit, we are sure to miss His directives and continue with our struggles in life. Therefore, we must mind the associations we keep, because carnal men are sure to corrupt our spirituality (Revelation 1:10; Romans 8:6; 1Corinthians 15:23).
- We must desire more Revelation: More often than not, when things are not working, it is because our insight is inadequate. As we are all aware, we don’t fail exams because we don’t know anything; we fail because we don’t know enough. However, we know that God hates waste and that is why He only unveils treasures to those who are truly thirsty for revelation. As it is written, “I will pour water upon him that is thirsty and floods upon the dry land.” Revelation answers only to the thirsty; it is therefore our crave to know that opens the doorway to revelation (Isaiah 44:3; 1Corinthians 8:2).
- We must locate our God-sent ‘Philips’: There are men and women sent our way to provide us with access into the deep things of God. For instance, the Holy Ghost instructed Philip to join the chariot of the Ethiopian Eunuch in order to open up his spiritual understanding. In the same vein, there are individuals appointed to teach and pastor us, and we are sure to be limited in revelations until we find them and engage to maximize all the revelations they bear. However, we should not only receive what they teach, we must also study their lifestyle and see how they apply the things they teach. This is why the Bible admonishes that: “We must not be slothful in business but followers of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises” (Acts 8:28-36; Jeremiah 3:15-16; Isaiah 30:20-21; Hebrews 6:12).
- We must engage our spirit in the search: Man is a three-in-one being: he is a spirit; he has a soul and lives in a body. The soul of man comprises his mind, which includes his intellect, his will and emotions. But our intellect is limited in capacity, because it cannot comprehend the things of God. It is only by our spirit that we can access the deep things of God. This is because, “God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.” It is also humbling to note that most of the channels through which the scriptures were delivered, were largely ignorant and unlearned men. God simply poured out His plan and purpose for mankind through these ‘ordinary’ vessels. Therefore, it is by engaging our spirit in the search that we can access the deep things of God. Remember, the spirit of the man is the candle of the Lord that searches the inward parts of God’s belly. We must lit this candle and engage same in order to access the deep things of God (Isaiah 26:9; Proverbs 20:27; Luke 15:7-8; 1Thessalonians 5:23; John 4:24).
- We must engage in the Art of Meditation: We need meditation to access the mysteries in the Word. As it is written, “Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom”. We need to separate ourselves and ponder on the Word, so we can access the mysteries in the Word. For example, the prodigal son meditated his way back to dignity. David also meditated his way into deep understanding. Furthermore, the Word admonishes that “We give attendance to reading, to exhortation and to doctrine, and to meditate upon these things; given ourselves wholly to the findings that we make, so that our profiting may appear to the world”(Proverbs 18:1;Luke 15: 14-20; Psalm 119:97-100; 1Timothy 4:13,15).
Friend, have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Saviour and Lord? If you haven’t, you can do so as you say this prayer: “Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Deliver me from sin and satan to serve the Living God. Today, I accept You as my Lord and Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now I know I am born again!”
For further reading, please get my books: Maximized Destiny, Making Maximum Impact, All You Need To Have All Your Needs Met and Miracle seed.
I invite you to come and fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaan Land, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have four services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. respectively.
I know this teaching has blessed you. Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaan Land, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 7747546-8; or E-mail:email@example.com