Wema Bank Nigeria Banker Ademola Oni Jailed 12 Years For Stealing N8Billion Bad Currency Notes
Oct 7, 2016 – Wema Bank Nigeria Banker Ademola Oni Jailed 12 Years For Stealing N8Billion Deface Currency Notes From CBN Alongside 21 Others
The Ibadan based banker who allegedly used defaced currency to buy a house in South Africa several months ago has bagged 12 years in jail.
The suspect Oni Ademola Dolapo, a former Wema Bank Nigeria Plc banker and 21 others allegedly stole 8 billion worth of defaced currency note from the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Ademola who allegedly entered into a plea bargain and pleaded guilty to an amended charge was sentenced to 12 years behind bars in Ibadan yesterday.
Here are the properties seized from the convict.
- A plot of land at Providence Estate in Ibadan
- Another empty plot of land at Alao Akala Estate in Ikolaba Ibadan
- 3 acres of land at Ido LGA of Ibadan
- A plot of land at Old Bodija Estate Ibadan
- A building at #16 Awolowo Avenue Old Bodija Estate Ibadan
- An expensive borehole machine
- A storey building in Ikolaba
- Over 1 billion naira at various banking institutions in Nigeria