July 17, 2016 – How To Keep The Romance Fire Alive In Your Marriage & Relationship
Honey how was your day, beautiful?’ he murmurs as he walks in through the door of their apartment. Before she could answer, he softly pulls her towards him for a kiss, his lips gently brushing hers. He smiles seductively.
‘I’ve wanted to do that all day’ he said softly, looking deeply into her eyes as they shared that brief moment. Just looking deep into each other’s eyes speaks volume of the love, words couldn’t fully express.
The words painted above depict an exciting romantic scene right? Who wouldn’t like their relationship to read a little more like a romance novel some days? But the reality of our busy, non-fiction lives filled with work, chores and parenting keeps getting in the way. Romance is an interesting word.
It conjures up all kinds of thoughts for both men and women: candlelight, soft music, longing looks. Well, as much as you desire to have sizzling romance in your relationship, you must realise that a relationship is not a romance movie.
Unfortunately, reality often wade in, disrupting our special moments and erasing every trace of romantic ideas we might have. Every relationship needs romance to stay alive.
Most couples have little issues with finding romantic ideas to share with their partner early on at the beginning of the relationship, but after the new relationship energy has worn off, it may take a bit of time and creativity to get the romance flowing again.
Bear in mind that just as a missspoken word or odd look can throw a couple into a long feud for weeks, small and seemingly insignificant gestures can help keep a relationship on track.
A little gift, an off-hand compliment, a moment of physical contact can vastly strengthen a relationship.
You find out that these little hand touches, pecks given every now and then and lovely text messages of how much he/she means to you heightens the romance in that relationship.
In romantic relationships, as with so much else, it’s the little things that count. Also creativity is very important in keeping up with romantic relationship. Are you and your partner just going through a loveless relationship and it looks as if the romance has flown out of the window?
If you’re stuck in a relationship rut, incorporating something simple and new to your routine might be the answer. Introduce a new sex position that interests you, browse online together and laugh over these things.
You will be surprised how such a mundane thing as reading about sex together can help rekindle yours. Creating magical moments in your relationship is something everyone thinks about, but few people do.
Perhaps it’s because they actually can’t think of exactly what to do. If you’re in a happy partnership, married or not, you can keep it that way or make it even better by introducing a few new behaviours and small changes into the relationship.
The glue that will make all these things to work in your relationship is communication. Instead of being bored in the bedroom, tell him what turns you on. If you want to be satisfied when it comes to sex, you can’t be shy.
Let him know what you like and don’t like and encourage him to do the same. Here are ‘acts of love’ you can do with and for your partner to bring a little more romance into your relationship.
It’s time to try rekindling the spark between you and your sweetheart with one of these random acts of romance.
• Spend a Sunday afternoon watching your favourite romantic flicks together.
Or you can go for an early romantic dinner and come home to spend the rest of the evening wrapped up in each other’s arms.
• Tease your partner. Walk around the house in just a towel or stroke their back as you walk by them.
Do small acts to tease and tantalize your partner. Build their anticipation and desire for your touch. Also, full body massages are great ways to build the tension and feel intimate and connected.
• Sex is critically an important aspect of a happy and long-lasting relationship. Find ways to have romantic and meaningful sexual encounters. Purchase romantic books like the ‘Kama Sutra’ to learn new ways to pleasure your partner.
• Spruce up your bedroom.
Treat yourselves to a sumptuous new bedspread and a set of luxurious high-thread-count sheets.
• Greet and leave each other with a kiss. Lock lips whenever you say hello or goodbye. A quick peck on the cheek should be reserved for friends and relatives.
• Pamper each other every opportunity you get. Let your partner know he or she is your most precious possession
• Find ways to say ‘I love you’ to one another on daily basis. Leave an ‘I love you’ note in his suit jacket while the man can tuck it into her makeup bag or purse where she could easily see it.
• For the lady, make every day routine extra special like: Cooking his favourite dinner, show interest in his work and choose a sexy nightgown just for him.
For the man, buy her a gift and make her go craze in bed for you with prolonged foreplay, cuddles and hugs.
[By Vanessa Okwara]