How To Figure Out What You Want To Do In Life
We reach certain stages in life where we have to make big decisions concerning what we want to do in terms of career, relationships, work, school, etc. You might find it hard to make a choice but for you to be able to succeed in anything; you need to figure out how to make it work for you.
How to figure out what you want in life
It is quite normal to wonder what you want to do with your life but it is never easy to come up with something tangible. Here are a few tips to guide you in making a choice:
- Think of the things you are passionate about: It could be art, music, fashion, writing, etc.
- Think about your past experiences especially the ones that made you feel good about yourself.
- Write down what you don’t like and what you enjoy doing: This will help you to know the path to follow.
- Think of where you want to see yourself in the next few years: This will give you an idea of what you want to go for.
- Be willing to fail: This will give you a better sense of how things work as you will be exposed to different options.
- Look for people who will cause you to do more: This could be through the way they command respect or the way they dress. When you see all these stuffs you’ll be motivated to do more than them.
- Write down the goals you want to achieve and create a plan.
- Think outside the box: Stop assuming that you won’t excel.
- Change your habits: They might be limiting your chances of succeeding in life.
How to figure out what you want in a relationship
Every relationship is unique because it is what we gain from our past experiences that we get to apply in the new ones. However, it is good to define what you want from a relationship before starting or entering one because no amount of advice can make the difference if you don’t understand what you want in the relationship. Here are a few ways to help you figure it out:
- Learn to love and value yourself: If you don’t start to see yourself as someone who is valuable and worth it then you will be insecure in any relationship you enter. Just remember that nobody except you can satisfy your inner peace.
- Identify the characters you want in your partner: You can write out a list of what you wouldn’t want in a potential partner.
- Don’t compromise your personal values: Know the kind of person you are. Don’t change who you are or what you believe in just because it is what your partner wants. If a behavior is not acceptable to you then don’t force yourself to adjust.
- Write down any negative patterns you might have noticed from past relationships: This will help you to work on whatever might sabotage your happiness.
- Write down what you expect from your partner and from yourself.
- Be the person you want to date: It is unreasonable to have demands for your ideal partner when your character is undesirable.
- Take note of any issue from others’ relationships that you don’t want to happen in yours.
- Evaluate where you are in life and it will help you to know what you are looking for in a partner.
- Test the waters by going on dates before you step into a relationship: This helps you to know how well you connect with these individuals.
How to figure out what you want to do for work
Searching for a work can be a difficult task even when we know what we are looking for. These steps will help you out:
- Start slow: Don’t wait around till you get a big paying job. You can start with the little you see.
- Build yourself by taking online courses that will help your resume.
- Get more information: Take out time to research because there’s so much you can do out there.
- Do what makes you happy: Think of the kind of jobs you can see yourself doing.
- Shadow someone in a job: This will help you know if that is the occupation you want to do.
- Think of what can add value to the world around you.
How to figure out what you want to do in college
College decisions can feel challenging when you don’t know what to major in but these tips can help you:
- Don’t feel pressured: Take your time to find out more about the courses the school offers.
- Try out few classes to know where your interest lies.
- Narrow down your choice from the areas that you like.
- Take online classes: This will help you gauge your talents in the areas you like.
- Go for what you love and have potential in.
- Consider the class requirements for each major.
- Consider if the major can give you the best chance of landing a job.
- Consult your academic advisor: The person can coach or advise you to make the right choice.
- Look for your interests or the subjects you excel in: This is the first step in choosing a major.
How to figure out what to do for a career
Career choices are pretty hard to figure out as we might get confused over the particular lifestyle we want. This is because we get to choose between what we enjoy doing and what will keep us financially settled. Try out the following as a guide to help you make a sound career choice:
- Write down what you care about: It will help you narrow your choice as you will get to state what really makes you happy.
- Write down how you see yourself now and how you will want to be in the next few years.
- Write down what you believe will help you move forward.
- Volunteer or work in a field which interest you: This will help you to learn, and at the same time it will help you decide if that’s the career you want.
- Invest in a professional training or coursework that will improve your knowledge in that area.
- Get a real job: Go out there and get practical experience.
- Consider different career options in an industry you love.
- Take a career test to identify your capability.
- Go for what will make you happy and financially stable.
- Meet people in the field to get their advice
How to figure out what you want in a man
As a lady, your relationship can only progress when you are sure of the kind of man you want because it might take a turn in the wrong direction if you are not sure and you are only trying to manage the person.
- Write down a list of the traits you value in a guy. For example, you might say you want a guy who is honest and faithful.
- Ask yourself how you want to feel with the person.
- Know yourself: Find out the kind of characters and beliefs you can accommodate because no amount of work or communication can help you overcome being with someone who simply does not want what you want.
- Learn from the mistake of others: Don’t allow the choices of others interfere with what you want.
- Write out your qualities: This will help you crosscheck if your expectations from your potential partner meets your own.
- Casually date guys who seem to meet your standards.
- Learn to love yourself: Your man should only complement you and not complete you.
- Visualize your life with the guy beyond the honeymoon phase.
- Be open about your choice: If you don’t speak up, the person might not get to know what you expect from them.
How to figure out what you want to do for a living
In life, we reach a stage where we try to reason what we should do for a living. We begin to search for that particular activity or work that will be worth the stress. For you to be able to make that choice, you need to:
- Go for what you enjoy doing instead of what you don’t like.
- Follow your dreams: If you don’t do so, you’ll end up more frustrated and dissatisfied with life.
- Define your life goals.
- Create a plan and take the necessary steps to execute it.
- Be around people who will motivate you to be great.
- Turn your passion into profit: If you have an interest in a skill, look for ways to improve on that skill.
- Make real and specific goals.
- Believe that you can do anything: Stop being insecure and put yourself out there.
- Get mentors: Look for people you can learn
- Step out of your comfort zone: Go out there, meet new people and try new things.
- Go for what you enjoy doing instead of what you don’t like.
How to figure out what you want for your birthday
It is easy to get overwhelmed when it is close to your birthday because you will want something special for that day. You will find yourself running around to execute the plans you have in store. Here are a few things to consider when it is time for your birthday:
- Make a list of things you like to do for fun.
- Go to a mall or browse the internet for something you might like.
- Think about what you need at the moment: It could be something you wanted to get for a while but you had no chance to get it then.
- Brainstorm with your close friends: If you are finding it difficult to choose an item, let your friends decide for you. They might give you ideas on what to get.
- You can get accessories that are relevant to your work activities or your interests.
- Get jewelries, clothes or beauty products if you are into fashion.
- Choose items that will still be of use to you in the future.
- Take yourself out: You can go to an eatery, a cinema or spa to pamper yourself.
- Before going to get a gift make sure you weigh your options very well.
- You can stay home and have a good time if you are not a big fan of celebration.