Connect with us

NaijaGists.com – Proudly Nigerian DIY Motivation & Information Blog

Entertainment News

How To Join Wizkid Starboy Records: Get Signed To StarBoy Entertainment Record Label (2019 Update)

how to join wizkid starboy records

How To Join Wizkid’s StarBoy REcords: Get Signed To StarBoy Entertainment Record Label (2019 Update)

Getting a record deal is no easy feat. It is even harder in a country like Nigeria, where most record labels are only out to exploit upcoming music artistes. Nevertheless, there are still some result-oriented record labels out there. One of such labels is StarBoy Entertainment. And we will be showing you how to join StarBoy in this article.

StarBoy Entertainment was launched by Wizkid in 2013, shortly after he left Banky W’s E.M.E. Since then, the record label has grown to become one of the leading music groups in Nigeria, having discovered (and developed) a number of upcoming artistes over the past five years.

Today, the label is ranked among the best talent-sourcing music groups in the country. Hence, if you are an upcoming artiste who wants to get signed to StarBoy Entertainment record label, this article will provide you with every necessary guide.

How to Get Signed to StarBoy Entertainment

Getting signed to a record label is not as simple as forwarding CVs and going for interviews. Most times, you have to be already established, after which you still have to work towards getting the attention of talent managers and/or record label owners. The most important thing, however, is being able to showcase your talent, where and when the opportunity comes.

Every music artiste under StarBoy Entertainment was, some how, able to gain Wizkid’s attention. So, if you want to get signed to StarBoy Entertainment, you might have to tow the same path.

In this section, we’ll be enlightening you on how you can gain Wizkid‘s attention, as a prerequisite of joining StarBoy Entertainment.

Follow the steps below, if you want to get signed to StarBoy Entertainment record label:

Write and Record Excellent Afro-pop songs

StarBoy Entertainment is an Afrobeats/Afro-pop focused music group. As an Afro-pop/Afro-beat music star, Wizkid seems to have a special likeness for like minds. Hence, if you are a good upcoming Afro-beat musician, you stand a better chance of getting a record deal with StarBoy than artistes of other genres.

So, to get signed to StarBoy Entertainment, write and record as many songs as you can.

Send a Demo to Star Boy Entertainment

This is where it gets tricky! StarBoy, like other record labels, hardly acknowledges unsolicited messages. Nevertheless, you can still try your luck.

Send an email, with a file attachment (and links) of your song(s), to StarBoy talent management team here. You can. also send a text message to the management team via this number: +2348115975110

There is a fair probability that your song(s) would be reviewed. And if it is dope enough, they’ll reach out to you.

StarBoy Entertainment CEO Contact Information

Wizkid’s phone numbers are not for public consumption; hence, we are unable to lay our hands on it. However, he is very active on social media and you can easily reach out to him via his social media handles.

• Follow @wizkidayo on Instagram and shoot him a DM.
  • Follow @wizkidayo on Twitter and send him a DM (with links to your songs).
  • Like Wizkid’s page on Facebook.

Note: Wizkid receives hundreds (if not thousands) of unsolicited messages on his numerous social media handles per day; hence, he would most likely ignore your message, as well as many others. Nevertheless, you should maintain an optimistic mindset and hope he sees your DM.

Star Boy Entertainment Website

Like most businesses, StarBoy Entertainment have a brand website, where they promote their songs, albums, tours, bookings and so on. Essentially, you can access first hand information about the record label from their website.

This is the website here: https://www.starboymusic.com

Star Boy Entertainment Artists List 2019

StarBoy Entertainment, according to the CEO (Wizkid), was launched to serve as a durable platform for talented upcoming artistes to build their music career. Since its inception in 2013, the music group has produced a handful of artistes, some of whom are now top stars in the music industry. Notable mentions include L.A.X, Mr. Eazi, Maleek Berry and more.

The current crop of StarBoy Entertainment artistes are also making waves in the industry. These artistes include:

1. Wizkid

The award winning music star, as the group’s founder, is the lead artiste of StarBoy Entertainment. He is arguably the biggest Nigerian music export today, with a large global fan base. In fact, he is one of the few Nigerian artistes with international record deals,

He signed a multimillion dollar distribution deal with RCA Records (a subsidiary label of Sony Music) in 2016; although, this hasn’t deterred him from taking care of the upcoming artistes under him.

Wizkid rose to prominence under Empire Mates Entertainment. And according to the star singer, he decided to launch StarBoy to return the favour, by using the platform to develop upcoming music acts in the country. To an extent, he has been successful with his plan.

1. Maleek Berry

Maleek Berry and Wizkid go way back since the latter’s days at E.M.E. The producer/singer is one of the founding members of StarBoy Entertainment, who, at that time, was a full time music producer. He has since transitioned into a part singer-part producer.

Maleek Berry released his debut music project (EP) titled First Daze of Winter last year. And the EP was ranked among the top 10 nusic projects of 2018.

1. R2Bees

Ghanaian music duo, Rashid Mugeez and Hakeem Faisal, populary known as R2Bees, joined StarBoy Entertainment in May, 2016. The music duo’s contract with StarBoy entails a partnership deal with their own record label, named R2Bees Entertainment. The music duo remain the face of the outfit in Ghana.

1. Efya

Like R2Bees, Efya, whose real name is Jane Awindor, is also Ghanaian music star. She was signed to StarBoy Entertainment alongside R2Bees in 2016. The songstress is one of the pioneers of Afro-soul music in Ghana. And she has garnered a lot of fans in the process.

Some time in 2017, it was widely rumoured that Wizkid and the Ghanaian songstress were having an affair. However, the rumour was strongly dispelled by Efya, who claimed Wizkid dated her sister and not her.

1. Terri

Terri is the newest act of the outfit. He reportedly caught the attention of Wizkid after tagging him on a cover video of Oshe (by DJ Jimmyjat) on Instagram. The upcoming artiste met Wizkid few months after and the rest, they say, is history. That was how Terri got a record deal with StarBoy. Quite lucky right?

1. Ahmed

Ahmed is a 10-year old Nigerian music sensation, who somehow caught Wizkid’s attention at an event in Lagos. He was subsequently signed by Wizkid, in a deal worth 10 million Naira. For now, the young lad is the only rapper under StarBoy Entertainment.

StarBoy Entertainment Board Members

StarBoy Entertainment, like any forward-thinking record label, has board members. These board members holds various stakes (non-profit and profit) in the music group. Some of these board members include producers, managers, directors and so on.

Some of the notable board members of StarBoy Entertainment include:

• Wizkid (Chief Executive Officer)
  • Jada Pollock (Talent Manager)
  • Peter Edge – RCA Records CEO (Wizkid’s album distribution company)
  • Maleek Berry (Lead Producer)
  • List Entertainment CEO – Sunday Are (Management team leader)

There you go!

Feel free to leave your comments in the box provided below.

90 Comments

90 Comments

1. Peter

February 15, 2019 at 12:40 AM

I wish i can get sing by wizkid

2. Original miles

March 3, 2019 at 12:00 PM

I need a record deal nd how too get sign to (SBE star boy ent)
    pls text me 08123928149

3. mazzy xtiana

March 16, 2019 at 10:21 PM

I really help from Starboy, my dream is to get a record deal with Starboy entertainment,,, (WhatsApp 07068925952),,,,07012532965,,,07017297207

• skyboss

November 12, 2019 at 12:05 PM

I love wizkid

4. yung lizz

April 2, 2019 at 8:23 AM

Oh my god
    dam if i am afro pop i will have pray to get sigh to star boy but am a trap rapper like nikky what will i do

• Martins mulero

April 5, 2019 at 10:42 AM

5. Martins mulero

April 5, 2019 at 10:39 AM

I really want this record label help me out I’m an up coming artist with a bigger dream

6. Martins mulero

April 5, 2019 at 10:44 AM

I really want this record label help me out with my dream…. I’m an up coming artist with a bigger dream….(08180296648) WhatsApp number

7. Martins mulero

April 6, 2019 at 3:11 PM

I really want this record label help me out with my dream…. I’m an up coming artist with a bigger dream….. my phone number 08180296648

8. G-boi

April 9, 2019 at 6:37 PM

i pray to God that wizkid shuld sign,
    dat is my prayer each day i wake up frm sleep

9. Nuru Osman (Big Shaq)

April 19, 2019 at 11:11 PM

10. Nuru Osman (Big Shaq)

April 19, 2019 at 11:16 PM

Please, Am a Ghanian upcoming artist with good voice and good in Afrobeat singing if want know the thruthly about my afrobeat songs please just what’s app me on+233202945691 I mean only star boy entertainment should what’s app me THANK YOU Star boy may God gives you long life on this earth o can also rap well with afro beat and hip hop beat

11. Nuru Osman (Big Shaq)

April 19, 2019 at 11:21 PM

Next one for me I don’t writing songs always only thing is that if I get the beat I can sing and rap if I listing to the beat for 3 to 5 minutes I can sing and rap without writting the song

12. Chris Vic

April 19, 2019 at 11:32 PM

my dream is to be in starboy, I did a track title message to Wizkid by Chris Vic you can download this track from abeg naija music this track will make you feel like helping me I will be very happy and grateful if you can help me to starboy entertainment cus I want to use and show my talent to the world, God has gave me the talent and his waiting for me to use it. this is my number 09073858050

13. Gary Great

April 21, 2019 at 2:26 PM

Love star boy entertainment

• Starzy

August 15, 2019 at 6:46 AM

I wish to get agreement with starboy record label because as far the African is concern is the best label, I sing and also rap, I have many song’s already which I have sing and uncountable down which I never sing but wish to do it Under a record label, please help me out wizy promise to upgrade your label by God’s grace once I was given a chance to be part of your label, my stage name is( starzy )form Abia State bro to nigger raw. My wasap number 09076852556′ call number 09065455193

Love you star boy for life ?????

14. Emmanuel Chidiuto Ofoegbu

April 21, 2019 at 5:13 PM

I wish that wizkid can just listen to my sing maybe I could get signed….God pls

15. ON TYM

April 22, 2019 at 7:47 PM

wizzy my no 1 musician world wide nd am ur no 1 fan,1 love boss i wish u would sign me 2 ur rec STARBOY ENT. 07068004985

16. Apako Dc

April 27, 2019 at 4:08 PM

wizkid i have a brother that is well good voice and talented but there is no help from any one he can rapper in ijebu and any other language his name (HAYRUN) whatsapp number07084641245,07084641245

17. Danny D

May 8, 2019 at 11:59 AM

I am Danny d, all i desire is to be sign to this starboy record label so I can show how much passion I have for music, here is my track(Underrate by Danny D) 09015765768 thanks I hope this get to you sir.

18. G Prince

May 9, 2019 at 1:40 PM

Am G Prince from rivers state, am an upcoming artist with enough songs and talented, pls baba I need ur help as record deal,am very loyal baba,pls take me out from dis bandage pls baba.

19. yakubu

May 11, 2019 at 8:59 PM

09068871730

20. ZANGA

May 20, 2019 at 2:15 PM

STARBOY+ZANGA.WIZZY-AM.COMMING;

21. Tis Ben 10

May 22, 2019 at 10:00 AM

plz baba wizly i want too be signed on your music record label
    plz plz plz

22. Vabo Kizzle

May 25, 2019 at 10:04 AM

Mr Balogun Ayomide Ibrahim aka Starboy…my dream is to get sign by you sir,..I sing a very good song that are mature to people’s hear but due to financial problem I have never record in a studio before but if you can give me the opportunity to do some freestyle for you sir I know you will sign me to your record label ….You can notify me if you really wish to help my career sir…08180779927or08118495956

23. prince yembra

June 1, 2019 at 10:19 AM

pls am 15 years old I would love to work with starboy label am an upcoming artiste

24. badmanblaq

June 4, 2019 at 8:34 PM

Am adamawa upcoming,singer i pray to god that one day my mama will be in B.M.W 08109283053

25. AYOMIDE Daniel

June 5, 2019 at 6:25 PM

my stage name is yung wizzy am 18 year old my real name is AYOMIDE Daniel am from Ogun state….I wish sir if u can sign me to starboy record label I will be glad because I have pass through a lot of things in my life mom try for me pls sir if u this for me I will never disappoint you sir God will continue bless you my number is 07067664704

26. Wozzy ygm

June 6, 2019 at 9:57 AM

One day. My dream will come true. Buy another lever. It may be star i will be amoung star boy group. My staye name no as wozzy

27. LIL KRRISH

June 7, 2019 at 8:07 AM

I LIL KRRISH…..
    I made my self promise that…
    my God that l sever will not flay me…
    I believe that what he says will be done..
    I’m here to say**WizKid**is my best man….
    and l promise that anything to do as a
    *Musician* to be sign in **STAR BOY**
    Entertainment……
    I lovely do it……
    Made my self a**STAR BOY** User as a
    *Musician* all will be done…
    ***GOD***Bless**STAR BOY**..
    and bless all of us that is upcoming artist……. Thank”s

28. Jucierjune

June 8, 2019 at 9:06 PM

I know that am just leaving this comment for another pile, i’m not looking to move wiz or the label with this but i by any chance, any of the starboy employee, signee or anyone from there sees this please check on my instagram cuz its my only proof @jucierjune i was known as official_boyla when the whole short video thing started tho just decided my juicier month’s special and its june.

29. Rich mond

June 10, 2019 at 8:30 PM

Yahaga…am richmond by name if God say that your going to have me as your new boy singer,,,,,pls help my career star boy wizkid,,,,i depent on all songs,,,,rap,afro,juju,foreign rap

30. Tee-Cayne

June 17, 2019 at 11:09 PM

Is all my pleasure and my heart desire to be among the starboy record label just to blow people’s mind with my vibes as an upcoming artist,,,,,08161112237

31. Collins

June 23, 2019 at 3:24 PM

I will appreciate it if star boss sign me in the star boy 07011257229

32. wiz prince

June 27, 2019 at 4:58 PM

i will be extremely happy if star boy sign me,
    09081756811,
    jah bless star boy

33. Joboystar king

July 19, 2019 at 7:10 PM

l love to be in starboy,I will be very happy if wizkid can sign me.love u wizkid,love starboy

• prince

July 20, 2019 at 1:06 PM

I
      will be of greatest thanks if WizKid sign me in label ,my stage name is lil prince from cross river state

34. ijoba focus

July 27, 2019 at 9:50 AM

I love star boy is my role model I’m a singer,rapper song writer I will love to be under star boi

35. Lucky Don

September 8, 2019 at 1:25 PM

You can call me Lucky Don,am upcoming new artist,am a songwriter,Singer & also Rap music(Afro beats & Afro pop) but my problem is that I don’t have connection,please can i join Starboy entertainment, you can WhatsApp me 09056658888 or call me 08147498916.

36. Ellis

September 11, 2019 at 12:13 PM

Thinking on how to enter the label,
    Am upcoming new artist with promising future
    Stage name: Ellis
    Num:08155217653&09030472295

37. Elgris Chizzy Lax

September 29, 2019 at 12:18 AM

Hw I wish I will be one of the starboy’s entertainment crew….. Please oluwa jah bless I need from you to connect to starboy…. This is my number …..For WhatsApp 080****1and 090****804

38. xkid

October 6, 2019 at 11:48 PM

wizkid is the best

39. Tripple dee

October 8, 2019 at 4:48 PM

No one is perfect,am not perfect but trying to get the best ,am an afro-pop,singer,i love starboy Entertainment

40. Davidtega(Tboy)

October 28, 2019 at 5:12 PM

My name David Tega (Tboy)from Delta State 19years old am singer and song writer I have songs but no sponsor yet sir please help me and I will be grateful forever thanks my contact 08*****55823

41. damsboi

November 2, 2019 at 1:05 PM

i am song writer and a singer of 18 years old.i want to be among the starboy record label pls assist me i my music carrier.my stage name ——–damstboi

42. Joseph

November 6, 2019 at 4:46 PM

Wizkid is my mentor, my most favorite artiste in Africa and i will love to be signed in starboy record for my talent unveiling. i pleage doing anything and everything for my dream come true. Contact info.+2349024855944

• Tizzy whizzy

November 15, 2019 at 4:14 PM

I so much love star boy way of doing

43. Tizzy whizzy

November 15, 2019 at 5:05 PM

My boss I greet u sir,baba nla o well done
    In your due respect sir
    Pleas I need ur help ,I’m 19yrs old boy from akwa ibom state ,I really love you u are my favourite musician in the whole world ,please baba they ask it shall be given nock it shall open and I believe you baba lazarus the sick man in the Bible only turch Jesus cloth and he was hill pleas baba only you I trust ,
    I will be glad if could be like others and I will be humble to your rule and regulations I want you to bring me up I am an upcoming star I have like three songs right now which the title are (funny love ,ur kindness,I could be the one)pleas help to release those songs
    I will love to be one of star boy entertainment ,thank u boss
    (07087192611)pleas that is my number
    (My real is wisdom Peters ,my stage name tizzyboy…
    God will continue to bless u more and more ….AMEN,
    I love u star boy
    Joro joro joro joro ja joro

44. kizk

November 15, 2019 at 9:27 PM

I am a good musician bro , please help me 0906 175 8923

45. Eragon

November 30, 2019 at 2:00 PM

i will be very happy to be signed by star boy, my dream is to be in star boy record. MY PIN(09034026076)

46. David john

December 1, 2019 at 9:50 PM

I will be happy if I got signed by starboy to come up whet my music thanks to starboy 08141522735.

47. Raskiro

December 9, 2019 at 8:50 PM

My name is raskiro I am an artist I have six tracks I would like to be part of star boy record label I am a very talented musician I love star boy entertainment so much.

48. Jcoolworrydo

January 4, 2020 at 12:31 AM

Hello sir
    I’m Jcoolworrydo i’m a rapper.. I’m interested in join starboy record label..my number is 08135561897
    Wizkid is the best 🙌🙌

49. Kcharizma wey play

January 20, 2020 at 3:30 AM

Pls i recorded a cover song for joro and i would like your team to here it just so…i should just start from somewhere on how to join starboy entertainment

50. Edafewhotu Elijah

January 22, 2020 at 4:25 PM

Star boy please help I am a talented boy I have 10 track I like to sing into star boy record label please help me this is my contact:09032407081