Sept 17, 2012 – Lagos Closed Down 15 Illegal Hospitals / Clinics – See List & Names
Lagos State Health Monitoring & Accreditation Agency Officials have shut down fifteen illegal hospitals and clinics across the state for various law-related offences. naijagists.com
According to the Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Doctor Jide Idris, this is a bid to eliminate bogus and unregistered clinics in line with Lagos State’s health sector Reform Law of 2006.
The offences of the affected hospitals includes:
- Lack of qualified personnel
- Poor facilities
- Unhygienic environment
- Unofficial training of auxiliary nurses
- Existence of living room within their facilities
- Non-registration of the facilities with the agency.
Illegal Hospitals / Clinics Closed Down By Lagos Government
The affected hospitals are:
- St. Daniel Hospital
- Oluwaseun King Maternity Centre
- Oluwadimimu Maternity Home
- UDYP Christian Hospital
- Mount Zion Maternity Centre
- Above Medical Centre
- The Saint Medical Diagnostics Centre
- Kaff-Salam Maternity Home
- Gbayi Clinic and Maternity Home
- Iya Deborah Maternity Hospital
- And five others
The commissioner said the facilities would stay closed until all the compulsory requirements are met.