Connect with us

NaijaGists.com – Proudly Nigerian DIY Motivation & Information Blog

Tope Alabi Biography, Profile, History, Latest Music, Songs & News

tope alabi biography

Updated Oct, 2012 – Tope Alabi Biography, Profile, History, Latest music, Songs & News

Tope Alabi, also referred to as “Ore ti o common” was born in 1970, in Ogun state of Nigeria. Tope is a multi-platinum Nigerian Gospel singer (artist) and as also acted in a number of Yoruba Nollywood movies. Tope is a movie sound track composer; she started her career in her secondary school days as an ordinary member of the Jesters International comedy group before she broke up from the group in 1984.

Tope Alabi biography is not complete without mentioning the fact that she is the only girl among 3 children born to a family of 5. Tope Alabi age records shows that the singer is 42 years old; she was born on October 27, 1970.

Tope Alabi music and career

It has been more than a decade that Tope Alabi music career gained prominence in the contemporary Gospel music industry in Nigeria, what makes her unique is her voice as well as her ability to create several melodies with different traditional and modern beats- Tope Alabi has several Yoruba songs in Makossa, Salsa and hip hop beats. “Agbelebu” is Tope Alabi latest album launched in 2012 and just like other albums before now, this one is enjoying fantastic airplays as well.

Tope Alabi Albums

Tope Alabi has released a total of 8 albums in one decade, these include; Ore ti o common {2001}, Agbara Re Ni {2005}, Angeli Mi {2007}, Kokoro Igbala {2008}, Kabio o si {2010}, and the most recent is Agbelebu {2012}.

Tope Alabi is educated; she obtained her primary education in Ibadan, South West Nigeria in 1986, and also obtained a Higher National Diploma in Mass Communication at the Polytechnic of Ibadan. After graduation, Tope joined the Nigerian Television Authority in Ibadan as a correspondent in 1990 and has also worked in several theater groups before she

Most popular Tope Alabi songs

Some of the bestselling tope Alabi songs are; E Gbe ga, Mino L’Oluwa {medley}, Angeli mi, and Olorun Gbangba, these four songs are the most listened to among Tope’s songs. Tope has also composed over 350 sound tracks for different Yoruba movies.

Tope Alabi as a family woman

Many Tope Alabi fans do not know about her husband- Mr Soji Alabi, the Union was solemnized in 1988 and it has produced 4 children. There are few information about Tope Alabi husband, but some of her children have taken to the footsteps of their mother. It was Tope’s Husband that actually lead her to Jesus in 1988 when there was a revelation that God wanted to use his wife to promote the Gospel through music.

Many kids are referred to as Tope Alabi children because Tope loves kids and she spends a lot of time sharing the world of God and ministering to them through her music.

Tope has performed in several countries of the world which include United states, United Kingdom , and Canada, she is one of the most sought after Gospel musicians in Nigeria today , she performs in more than half of Christian crusades and functions in the country.

136 Comments

136 Comments

1. Adesina Olusola

August 10, 2013 at 12:07 AM

L evangelist Tope Alabi will b glad to see u so dt i can pay u back but i no dat 1 day u will cum to my command 4 ppt or meetin in airport,so dat i can pay u back.pls send my regards to my dad in d Lord Dr Iretiola Ajanaku.may GOD give u more anointing.amen.

2. Bolukunwa michael

August 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Tope Alabi is gifted,nd unique in her chosing career.She is a chosen one by God and anyone trying to bring her down will c d wrath of God. There4 her would be enemies should kp off or be ready to sink to d earth.

3. Sangolade olubukola

August 29, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I luv her naturally nd indeed her songs are unique.i cant do witout listening 2 her songs bt wat i heard abt her dis tym around makes me unhapy.U’ve done 2 much than 2 lose heaven,pls remember 1 of ur track-kilema dahoro la n kigbe.i pray God wil give u d spirit of repentance(amen)LOL.

4. Sammy

September 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM

i heard that Tope Alabi, was married before and broke up before she finally married her current husband. Is it true , if it is why? Because God hate divorce…

5. teloye oluwajuwon

September 7, 2013 at 9:19 PM

sis tope alabi infact u ar so great,i luv ur song 2 d extend dat people cal m ur husband,wat i want 2 drag out is dat i can not do widout ur song.pls let m meet u in heaven ma dont mind want people we say about u

6. Genesis Odetayo Leke

September 15, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Your music so mush inspired me i must confess, bt regardless of what people are saying about you, i want you 2 examine your relationship with God, bible says my sheeps know me n know them…….you must not loose heaven with all this great God’ potentials in you, may God help you in Jesus name.

7. Ayeni S. Oluwatoyin

September 19, 2013 at 6:41 PM

David sin against God and he ask for Mercy and the almighty granted him. No matter your pass ma i believe God can pardon your pass if you humble yourself and forsake your sin. The potential within you is planted by God not man. My prayer for you and your family is the you will not miss heaven cause heaven is the aultimate. Remain bless ma.

8. Kehinde Oluyemi

September 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM

God created Tope Alabi for this purpose. I have not seeing a second person close to her. She sings new songs comprising new tracks. She doesn’t repeat song. She is original. I appreciate her contributions. I pray God Almighty will grant her long life and good health IJN

9. Nadiath

October 4, 2013 at 11:57 AM

i really love tope alabi.she sing so well and her song touch me so much.may God protect you and your family……

10. Gbenga Ogunade A K A O BA

October 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Sister Tope Alabi you are a city that God Almigthy has set on hill and no power that can hid you.
    you and your ministry are cover with The blood of Jesus, Amen.

11. Agbaje Damilola

November 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Dnt knw wot 2say cuz am jst of words. Man watches face bt God lukz @ d heart. Ur wayz wil alwayz b rough bt d “Holy spirit” wil b dere 2comfort u ma.I luv u bt God luvs u most.

12. Alabi Joseph Oluwaleke Bibiire.

November 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM

She’s a great woman coz her songs transformed peoples life and she’s a woman to live to remember, may the Lord give her long life.

13. Joshua T. AFUYE

November 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Evang. Tope Alabi, your songs are emotionally inspirational and worth treasuring. I love all your tracks. nevertheless, watch and pray for fear you are caught up in Demas’ den(11Tim. 4 vs 10). remember your first luv and maintain God’s standard. we,your fans,love you dearly.heaven is our ultimate goal, may we not miss it in Jesus’name (Amen).

14. Oyawoye shola

November 23, 2013 at 3:31 AM

She is awesome

15. PRINCESAAM

December 31, 2013 at 3:08 PM

When can we expect her new project?

16. Olonitoye Doyinsola

February 5, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Evang.Tope Alabi has been the best gospel singer I have ever meet, her songs touches my spirit n ministers solely to my soul. Keep it up ma.

17. adedoyin

February 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM

tope alabi is d best among gospel mucisian. I love her. But i heard one of ur music. Gba gbogbo ogo with others. I don’t know if its out.

18. adedoyin adediji

February 12, 2014 at 9:42 PM

i used to dream of Tope alabi always, i don know d reason why but God knows. What i know is that when am listening to her music, my body will be on move. It torches me, my ministration will great like urs one day. I believe and i love you.

19. okoyomo christiana

February 17, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Dear Ma,
    I am so happy to find a way to send this message to you, i have been searching for this great opportunity, pls ma, can i invite you for my wedding? pls ma, how can i get the link or contact to talk to you about the invitation, i will so happy and fulfilled to see you minister on my wedding day.
    i appreciate your personality

Christiana
    iju ishaga, Agege lagos state.

20. Johnson Gideon

February 21, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Aunty Tope Alabi, she is my best musicians, and there is no time that i here are music that am not move. keep it up ma God will continue strengthening you in Jesus name. Amen.

21. Emmanuel Adegboyegun

February 25, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Tope Alabi is a great gosple singer. Her music is exceptional , and her voice is natural . But , she should be God concious in her mode of dressing . May God in His infinite mercy continue to be your strength . It is well all the time . Love you

22. akolade tolulope

March 8, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Tope alabi is a great gospel singer .i love her music, ministration, God will continue to give her more inspiration.

23. Tayo Ibitoye

March 9, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Whenever I am down your music keeps me on but one thing I want is to personally meet you and access you and see if you are indeed practising what you sing then I will give my life to christ

24. TAYO ELIJAH ADEBAMOWO

March 29, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Tope alabi is splendid.Ko si asadanu ninu awon orin gbogbo ti sister Tope tin ko.I use an headphone with memory card, all of d music tracks i saved on it n’ listen to are entirely Tope alabi’s.my sister and I and countless our friends so much love her music, her songs neva get monotonous!

25. Matthew

April 10, 2014 at 11:18 PM

She is a multi talented singer, GOD has endowed her with talents. May she make it to Heaven at d end in JESUS name. Am always enriched with her inspired and wisdomic songs. I wish to meet her. GOD Bless u ma.

26. Tonnyboysam

May 26, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Hi ma,God will kip empowering u ma. Pple ar mormrin nigboro dat u ar nw doin what u said we shu nt b doing.God wil help u ma.i lov yur songs ma,nd i kiss u wit d kiss of christ.

27. awolola elizabeth

July 16, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Evang. Tope Alabi has been a woman i hv alwys cherish,bcos her song sing spiritration have alwys inspire me @ any day, any time i listen to it
    mostly FUNMILYO, EGBE GA, HALLUYAH,CERTIFICATE which alwys remind me that worthless is d certificate of this earth without the assurance of d heavenly CERTIFICATE.
    MORIYANU,has wel, all dis song her songs that a true believer needs 2 alwys listen to nd hv a sobber reflection for renewal of her mind.
    May God continue to help nd lead her right IJN,AMEN!

28. awolola elizabeth

July 16, 2014 at 12:34 PM

I have alwys heard that l evang top alabi had delay in child bearing, but dis post mak me 2 knw that she has four children
    plaese her those four her biological child, just for me to have ful confident of what i knw abt a role model, nd for d benefit of doubt, i just want to kow
    thanks.

29. Funke salau

August 7, 2014 at 1:38 PM

To God be d glory 4 ur life. I’m one of ur fans & wish to meet you.God wil continue to guide you

30. Funke salau

August 7, 2014 at 1:47 PM

I thank God 4 her life & minidtry. Pls don’t b distracted by fame,wealth & connections.

31. Adegboyega Micheal

August 17, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Dnt av much 2say abt Tope Alabi, bt just hope we all meet in heaven…..proceed with your incessant ability 2 win people’s heart by your meaninful songs for God….I like your song…tnx

32. mzz dharmie

September 3, 2014 at 9:35 AM

wow…. exceptional qualities

33. taiwo

September 17, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Tope alabi,is d best singer v ever heard,anytyn I hear her music it inspired me,nd also feel relieved I knw all her musik frm 1 album to agbelebu,all her musik really touch my heart,keep it up ma,may God continue to shower his blessings on u nd ur family

34. Ayobami

September 28, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Auty Tope God will help you and me to make heaven,if not is a great loss.I love your music.God will continue to use you,God will leave you and Holy spirit will leave you.

35. Ayobami

September 28, 2014 at 8:24 PM

God will not leave you IJN

36. Stephen Owolabi

October 26, 2014 at 7:43 AM

May God uphold her, her, n progeny. She’s a blessing to her generation. Her songs inspired me a lot, especially when I’m weary, n bored.

37. Owolabi

October 26, 2014 at 7:46 AM

May God uphold her, her family, n even progeny. She’s a blessing to this generation. Her music inspired me a lot. Especially when I’m bored, n weary.

38. Adedayo Adeleke

April 2, 2015 at 10:21 PM

mum. you ha such an amaizing , gifted one to ur family,and to life of many souls in the whole world………May you live LNG by Gods grace……

39. solomon omobowale

April 11, 2015 at 3:08 AM

I sad few thngs abt mother and wife of soji alaba, who I call a mum or olori tope alabi whch God ave rise up. To shine the light of the gospel by music.I knw u meet pple as a role modellike:mum bola aare,evangs oJoade.daddy ebenzer obey,I pray & degree as a inner man of d prophet the heaven house u labour for u will nt miss the reward in jesus name.omo ogun ise ya!!! Egba agbogbo akala, awa omo leyin jesus, yio yewa kale amen ni oruko jesus.

40. Solomon Bamisile

April 27, 2015 at 5:52 PM

Sister Tope God will continue to enrich you with more wisdom for you to continue to bless our generation with the type of your rare Gospel music. Please do not lose track. God bless you and your family in Jesus name

41. Adedeji Ibukun

June 14, 2015 at 5:27 PM

Evang Tope Alabi I Really Luv Ur Music So Mush Especcially Kokoro Igbala Cos Wenever I Listen 2 Dat Album I Usually In My Mind Dat Were Am I Going 2 Use My Everlasting Lyf HEAVEN OR FIRE. I Pray May God Bless Ur Ministry Nd Continue 2 Help U In Every Album U Re Doing,i Pray Satan Will Nt Cum 2 Ur Way Or Change Ur Mind In Jesus Name AMEN! AMEN!! AMEN!!

42. Abel Oyelami

July 14, 2015 at 10:04 PM

Evang. Tope Alabi to me was/is the most gifted and spiritually endowed gospel musician of our generation and generation next. Any one that listen carefully to her music will understand that it was God talking directly to us through her. Ma, I am ur best fan. All your music album are part of me. May God Almighty continue to reveal miseries to you to save more souls to Christ. I love to meet you one day ma. May God continue to be with ur family ma. Amen.

43. Dami Ape

July 24, 2015 at 8:06 AM

Hmmm…
    Having seen lots of comments above,i can’t just pass and not drop a few words about the said Artiste ‘Lady Evang Temitope Alabi.
    She’s just like one of the angels in heaven on earth rendering praises to the most high.I must confess am EASILY connected to the realm of praise to the most high God through her songs.
    She’s a bundle of blessing to this generation and even next to come. Myself and my family love her music so much ‘cos listening alone put smiles on our face .I pray God uphold her to the end

Shalom

Dami Ape

44. Emmanuel

August 9, 2015 at 10:48 PM

This is awesome

45. OJO OLUWADARE MICHAEL

August 17, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Don moen is 4 d white people while Tope Alabi is 4 d black(especially Nigerians),This two people(DON & TOPE) have been so wonderful and are d most lovely mentor in the world of music today;MRS TOPE,my advice 4 u is dat u shud wholeheartedly,steadfastly and without shaking in spirit of truth hold on unto God’s holiness and fearly beauty so that u won’t become like a conductor that is calling people into d bus and he himself will not go along with d bus when d passangers are fully full and d master shall arrives to carry on in d journey,becareful ma. May Almighty God continue to help you and more holiness grease to ur elbow and much grace to ur life.(08109615161).

46. Oyefeso Tosin

August 28, 2015 at 4:32 PM

Tobe alabi, what a talented creature. Composing 350 sound tracks for diff movie shows that you are just the best among the rest.
    May the mighty one continue to be with you, your ministry your family and everything that concerns you amen.

47. Morenikeji

December 6, 2015 at 9:26 AM

love u mom u at too much

48. Adebayo Oluwatosin

January 3, 2016 at 7:22 AM

Tope alabi is a real tallented woman that god give her real tallent of songs but i pray that god should give her grace to leav an idol things that it usually put on.like ear rings makeups and creem that affected the skin of the boody. if i can leav all those things it is sure that she can make heaven please preach to her. am Adebayo Oluwatosin

49. Adebayo Oluwatosin

January 3, 2016 at 7:27 AM

i like is music beacuse it changes life of many people but i pray again that god should let her make heaven in jesus name Amen.for more about me call:-08138732400.

50. Oyelade omotolani

February 5, 2016 at 7:11 AM

I celebrate you ma, it God Himself working in you……I’m demanding from God grace to work and be like you musically.I wish to me you despite seeing @ different occasions I knw one day will be one day!!! God bless my leader lady evag. Tope alabi and your family…. I cherish you!!!