Connect with us

NaijaGists.com – Proudly Nigerian DIY Motivation & Information Blog

Wizkid, Ayo Balogun Biography, Profile & Life History

wizkid biography

Updated in 2013 – Wizkid, Ayo Balogun Biography, Profile & Life History

Wizkid, whose real names are Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun is currently one of the fastest rising Nigerian entertainers in the music industry.

How Old Is Wizkid

The biography of wizkid shows that, wizkid date of birth is July the 16th, 1989 and in July 2013- wizkid age is therefore 24. Just like many celebrities that started their music career in the church, wizkid profile as a singer began at the age of 11 and was known then as “Lil Prinz” and he rebranded his name in 2006 when his music career came into limelight.

Wizkid Profile

Wizkid Nigerian artist recorded his first album at the age of 11, the album was produced by one of the most celebrated music producers in the country-OJB Jezreel and it was a 7-track album that was released for his church in Lagos. The 2006 album launch was well received by Ayo Balogun’s parents, friends and other artistes. Ayo Balogun’s growing passion for music and the use of his God given talent inspired him to get back into the studio and perfect his music acts. It was in 2006 that Ayo Balogun dropped his initial stage name- Lil Prinz and he began working with some of the best artistes in Nigeria today, these include- Naeto C and Ikechukwu.

Wizkid Nigerian Artist

Since 2006, Wizkid songs enjoyed continuous radio plays, while He himself enjoyed collaboration with the best artistes in Nigeria but it was not until 2009 when this young talent got his first major break in the music industry- according to wizkid twitter, His collaboration with one of Nigeria’s best rappers and MCs-MI Abaga, on “fast money fast cars” track drew major attention to Wizzy’s unique voice and style.

Ayo Balogun is also a song writer. Aside being featured by so many established artistes, Ayo Balogun also featured in several TV commercials, the most recent is the Pepsi Co. advert which also featured one of the best female performers-Tiwa Savage. His first TV commercial was “Turn by turn” by Kel’s which became Barceló’s radio jingle.

Ayo Balogun signed a multi-million naira deal with the Empire Mates Entertainment {EME}, a recording label owned by versatile performer and one of the best R&B artistes cum producer and manager- Bank W, in 2009.

Ayo Balogun has continued to release hit songs with EME records since 2009, his music career has gone beyond the chores of Nigerian borders especially with his numerous international stage performances and collaboration with international artistes such as Akon, Kardinal Official, and Young Jeezy to mention just a few.

In 2010, Ayo Balogun fully broke into the music industry with the release of his smash hit singles; “Don’t dull”, “Holla at your boy”, and “Tease me”. Ayo Balogun’s debut album- “Super star” was released in 2011 and in June 2011 also, he performed several sold-out concerts in Nigeria, UK, and the United States.

Wizkid Biography is not complete without making mention of some of his numerous awards. Ayo Balogun won the 2012 BET award for the best African act, and between 2010 till date, he has also won several other numerous awards in Nigeria, South Africa, the UK, and the US.

642 Comments

642 Comments

1. icekid

April 18, 2016 at 8:34 AM

wizkid i can sing like u am talented plz help ur guy

2. icekid

April 18, 2016 at 8:36 AM

wizkid i can sing like u,plz help d star in me i lov u bro

3. Okoloise Prince

April 28, 2016 at 10:21 AM

Wizkid u are bless by BABAGOD who makes u Babanla of all the singer soon u will blow more than that but please remember me cause i can sing very much well talented please be my helper just as someone where ur helper 08130753341.

4. Asare Billon Dennis

May 10, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Wizkid please i love you soo much please i just to see you one day and have a little talk to you and snap pictures with you please you are the only person in this world i want to see you face to face i am from Ghana lives in Kumasi-Jachie-Bosomtwi please where ever you are i want to see you please i beg you please i love you because you are number KING please this is my contact +233543573575 please my KING i will be very happy to take pictures with you please i love you

5. mustapha m aboki

May 11, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Wizkid u no dt I really luv u y some peoples use to dt u no no what an doing Pls dis is my phone number 08160284483

6. reubezzy

May 22, 2016 at 8:31 AM

wizkid men dont u fuckin impress me u not rell nega

7. prince snow

May 24, 2016 at 10:26 AM

yeah am really proud of Wizkid as far as my consine he remain the best amoung all and he still my mentor for real I pray god will keep you to the top am also a singer and a writer I will like will meet and introduce my raw album say the sky call for detail 08106130281..thank Wizkid in love you baba nlah

8. prince snow

May 24, 2016 at 10:31 AM

Wizkid you d best and you remian my mentor I will like we meet to show one my song that say the sky dis is my number 08106130281.

9. itz justice

May 26, 2016 at 2:22 PM

Wzkid u bouqht a new latest car and also bouqht private plan and broke class cup on someones head and u also but a billions expensive woutch« u are truely baba nla bro.«If u wish to help me out of hunqery pls whatsapp me with this diqits» 08138812707 thaNk•s

10. skyb

June 3, 2016 at 7:55 AM

Happy for you wizzy

11. omeruo charles

June 7, 2016 at 1:23 PM

wizzy dey aint push u to d wall u re always 3steps ahead we your fans love u wizzy holla me 08144623310

12. omeruo charles

June 7, 2016 at 1:27 PM

wizzy dey aint push u to d wall we your fans love u rock wela holla me 08144623310

13. Empress jenny

June 8, 2016 at 8:04 PM

Wizkid,am a gal of abt 18 years old,am a gud dancer…Bt my talent is jst wasting..pls,i reli need ur help…Dis is my number 08143615095…Pls cal me or flsah me..Tanx and am waiting in anticipation…

14. shittu kazeem mayowa

June 10, 2016 at 5:14 PM

All d street don be my enemy cause of you…..wizkid I wish just 2 see for once……we nid you @ uniilorin as in gan….pls. Just let me be ur jossy

15. Aina david

June 11, 2016 at 1:22 PM

I pray dat may GOD hlp u in all ur performances

16. Young Chris

June 16, 2016 at 9:08 AM

You are Blessed and may God bless other artist through you Amen
    You shall for ever live to have your Label be one of the best World_wild
    Am also an #artist and a #Disc_Jockey as well

17. Young Chris

June 16, 2016 at 9:13 AM

Hello friends you can follow me on Facebook, twitter, @Dj young chris
    My mine line is 08108822135 gotcha ya
    Love you more @ wizzy babanla

18. akinrinade mutiu

June 18, 2016 at 11:49 PM

I like u if u can help me I will be happy pls I like ur song my name is mutiu akinrinade aka olaskid boiiii pls I beg u in the name of God

19. stephen oladimeji aka maicon

June 26, 2016 at 7:45 AM

i love wizkid nd i enjoy his swag nd everytin he does.nd i pray for him dat gudness nd mercy shall follow him all d days of his life.0860580702

20. maczy

July 4, 2016 at 1:51 PM

nice man wizkid keep on.

21. Ferdinblaze

July 15, 2016 at 11:26 PM

Kip it up wizzy…….

22. ABDULKADIR

July 18, 2016 at 5:32 PM

wizkid I love u,u are baba nla u are d king of music I we like to be like u wizkid I we like to be musician like u

23. ayomideadebayo

August 4, 2016 at 4:45 PM

wizkid am alwyz feeling wat so eva tinx u do kip it up nd alwayx remember d saying dat wit allah all things re possible aka star boi wizzy baba nla

24. Njurah Joseph Adelaja Osuwofobishuah a.k.a NJ

August 9, 2016 at 11:43 AM

I thank the lord with you, for giving you a good voice, strength open doors and elevating you to where you are today. God will continue to bless, guide and direct your ways in Jesus nam, Amen. Keep it up bro. I pray make God make me blow like you….. Pray for me too.

25. Ellison

August 12, 2016 at 10:10 AM

Keep moving my guy.

26. Fowotade hassan

August 15, 2016 at 3:32 PM

Keep goin upppppp

27. muhammed nurudeen

August 20, 2016 at 12:24 PM

real recognised reall, stay blessed boss u know real niccalz smell on nice, dey tank,dey keep calm nd cherish. nd dey pray to baba jah to keep on blessed…. you are d boss, wizkid.. baba nla stay cool

28. Brow cruzy

August 21, 2016 at 3:27 PM

You are the best wizzy i love you so much and you are the one i want to be like when i come up i am a singer and a rapper here is my number wizzy help me (+233277840381)my name is Emeka my artist name is brown cruzy i have you face as a tatto in my back

29. Samuel Abidemi

August 22, 2016 at 10:57 PM

WizKids you are wonderful I love your voice

30. olawale hassan

August 27, 2016 at 9:58 PM

I like listening to. your songs @tags

31. angel castill

August 30, 2016 at 4:02 AM

hi lve everytn abt u even a big fan to ur music,kip up d gud wrk email me pls angelcastill31@gmail.com

32. kamanda jonhnson

August 30, 2016 at 8:42 AM

Wizkid i luv all your music. I am your number 1 fan in Cameroon. Please help me archive my gold to become a musician. My number is +237674558816

33. prisca

September 17, 2016 at 11:23 PM

Hi Wizzy-baby I really like your songs especially ur voice and your swag you’re my no. 1 musician. I wish you all the best. If you care to hear from me contact me through these blessingduke@outlook.com

34. TEE-TOK

September 29, 2016 at 8:23 PM

Wizkid my man… Am so happy 4 u…nd u will continue to move from grass to grace without getting tired… The LORD is your strength

35. WILLIAMZ ABOKZ

October 10, 2016 at 1:56 PM

one thing in life is to believe in yourself,and subsequently work towards your dreams/ambition.I rep WIZKID am WILLIAMZ ABOKZ a rapper and song writter.watchout for me.

36. benjamin wisdom mathias

October 31, 2016 at 6:01 AM

wizzy baba i de feel u bt i pray for u dat u shall nt end here in diz lowely world dat it enjoyment is temporal bt rememba dere is an internal blessin nd enjoyment awaitin to for each 1 of us in heaven dnt miss it is good to be wit him dat create us who gv us difference typ of talent difference blessin i am ur boi i need ur help if u cn do this my mi u we be bless in all roundification i by name is wisdom benjamin mathias by nick name is swizzy young i need ur help i am a best singer nd best rapper u we be bless for doin dis for extend my greetin to ur babymama ur father mother sister brother nd all ur family mamber this my numba is God touch ur heart to remember mi den giv a call or email mi benjaminmathias5@email.com or 08141630603 thanks for dey shall be flowin in ur business amen

37. ali eric

October 31, 2016 at 6:50 PM

we will miss you but am not still convinced that you are dead.

38. abdulbasit starboy

November 10, 2016 at 4:34 PM

i like u wizki and i want know something about u my oga what yaga means ar my nicname is starboy 0703****6740

39. Tom

November 13, 2016 at 9:44 AM

wahoooo Wizkid. is my best musician. in Nigeria, I luv u broda
    Pls Davido is. a distraction. focus more on ur music and fans Nigerias love u,
    Am supertom frm Ogoja

40. Lauren Kayaking

November 21, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Hey Wizkid…ever since i fndt out bout u I started…I started following u all over social media…I even have a folder full of yor pics…Most of my pple even knw im a No.1 fan when it cumes tu you…U so adorable en Cute…My nick’name is STARGIRL ☆….nd last but not leaste i love you Brada’man keep up the goodt work aweh….Plz come to Namibia by next plz…i will love tu cume andt enjoy watching u Performing onc stage…Nd taking a thousands of pictures with u before u leave…Mwaaa i love you starBoy Balogun❤❤❤❤

41. ayodele samuel

November 24, 2016 at 2:52 PM

o boi wizkid sign me now

42. Abubakar ICE-KID

December 11, 2016 at 7:18 PM

As number (1) fan and admirer of wizkid…………
    I am çall ICE-KID!!
    I nicknamed my self for the sake of the love, joy, and respect i have for my idol’
    WIZKID” AYO”
    And i pray let my hustle and struggles pay as
    AYO!!
    Well wishers pls type AMEN!……
    I will keep twale’s
    for my idol until my time come!
    And I will always look up to GOD!

43. starboyson de banks

December 24, 2016 at 12:48 AM

Wiz, I bet u I will be greater and shine than you because I can see that where you will end will be my starting point!!!AMEN
    SPREAD ME THE MONEY!!!YAAGA
    WIZKID NUMBER ONE
    KEEP IT UP

44. moses n

December 24, 2016 at 8:16 PM

Wizy am proud of you bro!!

45. Walter

December 29, 2016 at 10:05 PM

Wizkid u don try,but ur man Davido wan try u Ooooo
    Show am say u na boss

46. bahlo

December 29, 2016 at 11:32 PM

u re no.1 last man standing…..for me u are d best musician in this world cos non non non of ur music is trash, I can’t just stop earing ur songs……pray GOD bless u….love u

47. kelvincosmos

January 2, 2017 at 3:25 PM

U are on the line keep it up,I just love this ur song shabba cha bless

48. razzino

January 6, 2017 at 6:59 AM

I want wizkid to sign me to his record label am a musician I do have passion for music I just want my role model to sign me up I will be so glad to be under star boy

49. Udeme Saturday

January 14, 2017 at 2:47 PM

God favour u because u mean much to him. covenant child. U are the best on my site,

50. kidikay

February 5, 2017 at 9:13 PM

hi big boss coming up to meet you my mentor