Updated in 2012 – Nigerian Navy Recruitment, Application Form Details For 2013 & Beyond – All You Need To Know
The Nigerian Navy application form is now online visit https://service.nigeriannavy.gov.ng/instruction.html to apply.
Note the application for 2013 form is open from Oct 29 to Dec 7, 2012.
Every year, the Nigerian Navy, a branch of the Nigerian Army, recruits able-bodied men and women into its force. During the Nigerian Navy recruitment exercise, applicants are to visit nigeriannavy.org, which is the official Nigerian Navy recruitment portal. There, they are to fill the Nigerian Navy recruitment form.
On its portal, the Nigerian Merchant Navy calls for applications into its various services, which include the Nigerian Navy short services. This avenue is an opportunity for those who intend to join the Nigerian Navy but have not passed through the Nigerian Defense Academy. This is the training institution for new entrants into any of the Nigerian Armed Forces – including the Nigerian Army, the Nigerian Navy, and the Nigerian Air Force.
Concerning the Nigerian Navy application form, it is available online whenever the Nigerian navy recruitment exercise is on.
Online registration usually starts around May. Therefore, intending applicants should keep a tab on all mass media (newspapers, radio, television, etc.) and nigeriannavy.org starting from April.
The 2012 recruitment exercise started on May 10, 2012 and closed on June 18, 2012. Therefore the Nigerian navy recruitment form for 2013 is expected to be available online anytime from April 2013.
The Nigerian Navy recruits personnel into various departments. These include:
- Accounts and budget
- Human Resource Management
- Information and Communication Technology
- Legal services
The minimum educational requirement for applicants into any of these departments is a first degree – B.Sc., B.A., or HND. Holders of the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or the Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE) are not expected to apply.
In addition, holders of the B.Sc. or B.A. must possess at least a second class upper, and HND holders HND must possess at least an upper credit from an accredited institution within or outside the country.
Joining The Nigerian Army – Additional Information Needed
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage
- Applicants must be registered members of their respective professional bodies in Nigeria.
- Male applicants must be at least 1.7 meters tall while female applicants must be at least 1.67 meters tall.
- All applicants must be between the ages of 22 and 28. However, this does not apply to doctors, lawyers, architects, Imams, and chaplains, who should not be more than 30 years of age. Those above these ages are not expected to apply.
- Filing the online form does not guarantee success. Qualifying aptitude tests are conducted and successful candidates are short-listed for the next round screening. The qualifying tests will hold in various centres across the country – Abuja, Bauchi, Enugu, Lagos, and Sokoto
- The application fee is a five hundred naira (N500), which is non-refundable.
- Applicants are strongly advised against taking to the Naval headquarters, letters from any quarters or “authorities”. This will be regarded as an attempt by such applicants to bypass the customary screening process, and such applicants will be disqualified.
NIGERIAN NAVY ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Apply online at www.service.nigerianavy.gov.ng print out the slip amount to pay is on the slip 900 naira go to any diamond bank with the slip and make payment please read instructions before applying
Note: all of the information offered in this article, as at the time of its publishing, was confirmed to be authentic. Visit the online recruitment portal of Nigerian Navy at nigeriannavy.org