December 3rd, 2015 – One Nigeria For Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba, Biafrans & The Few Having Fun In It
ONE NIGERIA FOR HAUSA/FULANI YORUBA, ONE NIGERIAN FOR BIAFRAN GOVERNORS, HOUSE OF REP/SENATE , ASSEMBLY MEMBERS. ONE NIGERIA FOR THE FEW HAVING FUN IN IT? ONE NIGERIA MY F**T
My Hausa friend asked me: Under what conditions would you start believing that One Nigeria is working?
Here was my response:
1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH,Calabar, Onitsha and Warri.
2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports…onlylocal or minimal connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights…direct and major connecting flights.
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.
4. All federal governments agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC,e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
5. If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented, we can try one Nigeria and let’s see if you Hausas and Yorubas will like it for a month.
Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, e.t.c.
The Hausa friend replied: You can’t be serious, this is wickedness!
I said, “Really? Don’t you think the South-East and South-South have been suffering and enduring this
very same wickedness for over 50 yrs? Why do you think people are clamouring for Biafra?”
He was quiet for a few seconds and said: Wow! You are right, but it never occurred to me.
I said, “that’s the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting love it and would love to maintain the status quo”.
An adage in my place says, “The one who ate fleshy meat forgets easily; but the one who eats the bone never forgets”!
[Opinion Article by Ralph]