How To Get Best, Cheapest Unlimited Internet & Phone Data Plans In Nigeria (2019 Guide)
With so much to do online today, it is no surprise that everyone needs a data plan.
From surfing the net, chatting on social media platforms, downloading files, to watching online videos, data is needed.
With all these, we always want more data and at such, look for the best deals around.
Down this article, you will find the cheapest data plans, from the major network providers in Nigeria, and get to know unlimited plans in Nigeria (Yeah! Unlimited…They exist).
Without wasting much time, lets get down to work.
Cheapest Data Plans In Nigeria
You will find below, some of the cheapest data offers from major network providers in Nigeria.
These are some of the best deals you will find from the major service providers in Nigeria.
MTN Cheapest Data Plans
As you probably know, MTN currently has one of the fastest data network in Nigeria. With a wide coverage and significantly fast network speed, we always want to tap in on the goody and as a result, look for good plans they offer.
Currently, I can say the best offer MTN has, is the double data offer.
The double data deal as the name implies, doubles any data plan you subscribe to.
For example, you subscribed to 2.5gb data plan on the MTN network. With the double data offer, you get double, which is an additional 2.5gb data.
Your data balance would be 5gb, and it doesn’t drain un-necessarily, like other MTN bonuses do.
Your extra data gets integrated to your data plan, and expires only when the data bundle you subscribed for expires.
This is currently one of the best deal MTN has.
The downside of this offer is that some sims are not eligible for this.
To know if you are eligible for this deal, you have to try to activate it.
To activate it, just send DOUBLE, PROMO, and FREE to 131:
That is, send DOUBLE to 131, send PROMO to 131, and send FREE to 131, seperately.
After doing this, you will get a welcome message if you are eligible.
Besides this offer, MTN also has other cool data bundle offers you can find below.
- 250MB (3 days plan) for #100
- 1GB (Weekly Plan) for #200
- 4GB (Monthly Plan) for #1,000
To activate any of these plans, you just have to dial *131*65#. It is very simple to activate.
The only thing is that some MTN users are not eligible for this offer.
You can give it a try though. Who knows…
Aside from these offers, here are the best and cheapest data bundle deals on the MTN network generally.
- 75MB (50MB + 25MB Bonus) for #100
To activate this plan, just dial *104# or send 104 to 131.
- 225MB (150MB + 75MB Bonus) for #200
To activate this plan, dial *113# or send 113 to 131.
- 750MB (500MB + 250MB Bonus from 1am-7am) for #500
This is one of the best weekly plans, to activate it, dial *103# or send 103 to 131.
- 500MB & #500 Talktime For #500 only.
This is another cool weekly plan. When you subscribe for 500MB, you get #500 talktime bonus.
It’s like a refund of your #500, after subscribing to the 500MB with it.
- 1GB + #1,000 Talktime for #1,000 only.
This is just like the previous plan. You subscribe for 1gb with #1,000, and get back your #1,000 for talktime.
To activate these plans, dial *131*1#, and locate the weekly plans section.
Find below, the best and cheapest monthly plans on the mtn network.
- 1GB + 500MB Bonus for #1,000 only.
This plan gives you 1gb, and 500MB Bonus usable from 1am-7am throughout the month.
To activate this plan, just dial *106# or send 106 to 131.
- 5GB (2.5GB + 1GB Bonus) for #2,000 only:
When you subscribe to this plan, you get 2.5gb data, and a bonus of 1gb, usable from 1am-7am throughout the month.
To subscribe to this plan, simply dial *110# or send 110 to 131.
That will be all.
Remember we are talking about cheap data plans here…
If you want to see more MTN data plans, dial *131*1#, and you will see them all.
Etisalat (9mobile) Cheapest Data Bundles
The 9mobile (etisalat) 1gb offer for #200 only, is currently the best data offer from the 9mobile network.
This plan gives you a whole 1gb data valid for 3 days. It is not a night plan. It works both day and night, like the normal data plans.
Before you buy airtime for this plan, it is advisable that you check if you are eligible for this offer.
To check, you just have to dial the offer activation code, *929*10#.
After dialing this code, if you have enough airtime, and you are eligible, it will show you a confirmation message.
If you do not have enough airtime and you are eligible, you will get a message telling you that you have insufficient funds.
If you dial the code with insufficient airtime in your sim and you see the message saying you have insufficient funds, you can rock this plan when you have upto #200 on your balance.
There is no rollover for this plan. After three days, your plan expires and disappears awaiting another subscription.
Apart from this offer, here are the cheapest 9mobile data plans.
- 10MB for #50: This is the cheapest data plan in the 9mobile network. To activate this plan, you just dial *229*3*8#. This plan lasts for 24 hours before it expires.
- 50MB for #100: With this plan, you get 50MB data for #100.
To activate this plan, dial *229*3*1#
- 200MB For #200: This is a very good weekly plan. It gives 200MB for #200 only, and lasts for a whole week (7 days) before expiry.
To activate this plan, dial *229*2*1*0#
- 500MB for #500: I think this is one of the smallest monthly plans across all networks (#500). Monthly plans on other networks usually start from #1,000, but etisalat (9mobile) changed the game here.
With this plan, you get 500MB valid for 30days. To activate it, dial *229*2*12#.
- 1GB for #1,000: This plan gives you a whooping 1gb data and costs #1,000.
To activate this plan, dial *229*2*7#
- 2.5GB for #2,000: This is a fair data deal. You get 2.5gb data for #2,000 only. To subscribe to this plan, dial *229*2*8#
That would be all for the cheap data plans on the 9mobile network.
You can check out all their data bundles by dialing *229#.
Glo Cheapest Data Plans
You know we can’t successfully talk about data offers in Nigeria without mentioning Glo.
They are well known for offering some of the best deals around.
One of the best data offers on glo is the Glo Double Data Bonus.
This offer doubles your data bundle. One thing I like about the offer is that everyone is eligible (Both Old GLO users, and new ones).
To activate this offer, all you have to do is subscribe to a data plan on the glo network using the USSD *777#.
After subscribing, here’s what you need to do.
Make sure you have enough airtime for your data plan to renew itself when it’s close to expiry, or better still, reactivate the plan before it expires.
When once this is done, you get double data, and still get rollover from your unused data in you existing plan.
This is one of the best data plan offers in Nigeria.
Here are some of the best cheap data plans in the Glo network.
- 12.5MB (10MB + 2.5MB Bonus) for #25 only: This is one of the cheapest, or better still the cheapest data plan in Nigeria. It costs only #25.
To activate this plan, dial *127*32#, or send 32 to 127.
- 27.5MB (22MB + 5.5MB Bonus) for #50: With this plan, you get 27.5mb data for only #50. To activate this plan, dial *127*14#, or send 14 to 127.
- 100MB (80MB +20MB) for only #100: This plan gives you a whooping 100mb data for only #100.
To activate it, dial *127*51#, or send 51 to 127.
- 262MB (210MB + 52MB Bonus) for #200 only: This plan gives you a whooping 262mb for only #200.
To activate this plan, dial *127*56#, or send 56 to 127.
This plan is not actually a daily plan. It lasts for 5 days.
1GB (800MB+200MB Bonus) for #500 only: This is one of the best plans in the Glo network, and Nigeria as a whole today.
With this plan, you get 1gb for just #500, and it lasts for two whole weeks (14days).
To activate this plan, dial *127*57#, or send 57 to 127.
- 2GB For #1,000 (1.6GB + 400MB): This is a super plan. You get 2gb for only #1,000. A very cheap plan with enough data volume.
To activate this plan, dial *127*53#, or send 53 to 127.
- 4.5GB for only #2,000 (3.65GB + 900MB Bonus): This is another eye-opening data deal from the grand masters.
To activate this deal, just dial *127*55#, or send 55 to 127.
This is far enough for cheap data plans on the Glo Network.
Cheapest Data Plans on Airtel
I can say one of the best airtel data plans today is the 1gb for #500 plan.
This is a very good plan. To subscribe to this plan, you have to first of all be on the smartTrybe tarrif plan.
If you are not already on the SmartTrybe, just dial *312# to migrate. After migrating, to activate the plan, just re-dial *312#, and pick option 2 from the menu.
Read below for some of the cheapest airtel data plans in Nigeria.
- 50MB For only #100: This is the cheapest data plan on the airtel network. With this plan, you receive 50mb for only #100.
To activate this plan, dial *410#
- 200MB for #200: This is actually a 3-Day plan. It expires in 3 days, and you get 200MB for just #200. To activate it, dial *412#
- 750MB for only #500: This is one of the best bi-weekly plans in Nigeria.
It lasts for two weeks (14 days) before it expires. To activate this plan, dial *418#.
- 1.5GB for only #1,000: This is a fair data plan. You get 1.5gb for 30days for #1,000
To activate this, dial *496#
- 3GB for #1,500 only: You get 3 whole gigabytes for only #1,500. This is a very fair data plan. You can rock the internet with this throughout the month on your phone.
To subscribe to this plan, dial *435#.
- 5GB for only #2,500: This is a very good data plan you should try out as an airtel user. You get a whole 5gb data for only #2,500.
To activate this, dial *437*1#.
Talking about cheap data plans in Nigeria presently, I think that will be all.
Now, as promised earlier, It is time to show you real unlimited data plans in Nigeria.
Unlimited Internet Data Plans in Nigeria
While there are numerous data plans that are claimed to be unlimited, they are not.
These data plans go with a data cap and at such, defiles the word unlimited.
Sadly, the real unlimited data plans in Nigeria do not come from any of the four major network providers in Nigeria (MTN,GLO, AIRTEL, AND 9MOBILE [ETISALAT]).
Here they are;
Ntel Unlimited U-Daily Plan:
This plan gives you unlimited data with no data cap for one whole day 24 hours. This is a real unlimited data plan.
They have very fast internet speed in areas within their coverage, and they have a fairly wide coverage.
Activating this plan for just a day costs 1,500 Naira.
To buy this plan, visit, www.ntel.com.ng/plans/
Make sure you have an ntel simcard before doing this.
Ntel Unlimited Family Plan
This plan gives you unlimited data and remains active for 30 days.
Remember, it is unlimited so, there is no data cap for this plan too. You can use it as it pleases you.
This plan costs a whooping 17,500 Naira for a month (30 days).
To buy this plan, visit www.ntel.com.ng/plans/
Aside from these, other companies like Smile and Spectranet also offer unlimited data plans you can check out.
I hope you found this article helpful.
If you have any question for me, drop it in the comment section, I will be glad to help you.