April 12, 2015 – Haters & Critics: How To Deal With People Who Judge You Unfairly
It doesn’t matter how you choose to live your life — whether you build a business or work a corporate job; have children or choose not to have children; travel the world or live in the same town all of your life; go to the gym 5 times a week or sit on the couch every night — whatever you do, someone will judge you for it.
For one reason or another, someone will find a reason to project their insecurities, their negativity, and their fears onto you and your life, and you’ll have to deal with it.
With that in mind, let’s talk about being judged and criticized. And more importantly, the strategies I use to deal with them.
Keep in mind that it doesn’t matter what you do, there will always be someone who finds fault in it. So how do you get over it and move forward anyway? Here are 5 ways to deal with them
- First and foremost, don’t be the hater. Don’t be the person who tears down someone else’s hard work. The world needs more people who contribute their gifts and share their work and ideas. Working up the courage to do that can be tough. Support the people who display that courage.
- If you’re dealing with criticism, then don’t let the wall keep you from seeing the road. Focus on the path ahead.
- If you choose to respond to the haters, then surprise them with kindness. You might just win a new fan while you’re at it.
- Finally, and most importantly, make the choices that are right for you. People will criticize you either way. Remember you can’t please everybody.
- Brush them aside as if they are nobody… Yes ooo. don’t allow them to rub off on your progress. Ignore the boos. They usually come from the cheap seats.