By Eya Ayambem
In this step by step photo recipe, we will learn how to make simple Nigerian Coconut Jollof Rice with chicken.
Ingredients For Coconut Jollof Rice:
- 2 kilos chicken drumsticks
- I medium sized green pepper (optional)
- 1 large tatashe pepper (optional)
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 teaspoon my pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoonfulls tomato paste
- 4 knorr cubes
- Salt to taste
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- 3 cups coconut milk got from 2 grated coconuts and 1 sachet Emma coconut milk powder
- Soya oil
- 4 cups rice. You can cook with any rice of choice
Marinate your chicken with seasoning and green pepper with Tatashe before frying and boil lightly before frying.
While chicken simmers, Mix the tomatoes paste with onion, pepper and water in a bowl.
Fry the mixture
Then add chicken stock and coconut milk to it.
This is how it looks after the mixture
Put salt and Maggi and cover the lid to boil.
Once the mixture boils, then add washed rice.
Add 2 bay leaves to add rich taste and lower the heat.
Then fry the chicken.
If you don’t want it fried, roast it to remove excess oil.
Once ready, set it aside.
Season your kidney beans and green peas with onion and pepper. it will add colour and nutrition to the coconut rice when served
If you want to get the above shape, take your coconut rice and put it inside a round bowl of this size and turn it on your plate
Serve as in the above photo.
Have a blessed Easter and don’t forget to leave a comment if you have questions.