Girl Electrocuted After Ikeja Electric High Tension Wire Fell On Her In Alakuko Lagos


girl electrocuted high tension wire lagos

May 27, 2016 – Girl Electrocuted After Ikeja Electric High Tension Wire Fell On Her Weeks After Writing WASSCE Exam In Alakuko Lagos

Tragedy struck on Fagbeyiro Street in the Alakuko area of Lagos State after a high-tension wire fell on a 14-year-old girl, Deborah Faleke, who was electrocuted.

Our correspondent learnt that Deborah, who had come to stay briefly with her elder sister, Bukola Ogunbajo, on the street, just left secondary school, having finished sitting for 2016/2017 West African Senior School Certificate Examination about three weeks ago.

We learnt that the wire – which belonged to the Ikeja Electric – fell on the girl immediately electricity was restored to the area around 10am on Saturday.

It was gathered that Deborah was at the gate of the apartment when the wire fell on her head and also injured a landlord in the area, whose name had yet to be ascertained.

Our correspondent learnt that the victim’s elder sister, Ogunbajo, and neighbours rushed Deborah to a hospital, but she was rejected. She was rushed to another hospital, where she was confirmed dead.

It was gathered that the incident was reported at the Alakuko Police Division.

[Source: Punch Metro Plus]