Feb 9, 2013 – Top 10 Most Interesting Facts About Nigerians & Their Culture
The three most popular ethnic groups in Nigeria are the Yoruba tribe, Hausas and the Igbo people.
While the world view Nigerians as controversial people, they are still the most interesting people on the face of the earth.
So without wasting your time below are the top 10 most interesting facts about Nigerians;
- Nigerians are explorers: From London to Canada to America to Ghana….. in sort, Nigerians waka pass other people on earth. Thousands of Nigerians have since left their own fatherland to settle in places like the province of Quebec in Canada, Nova Scotia, Maryland (US), London, UK…. some even travel as far as India..
- Nigerians Are Academics: Yes o from our childhood our parents value the importance of education. An average child in Nigeria starts school as early as 6 months……. This accounts for their brilliance…..
- Hausa people love to say Kai ….. Walahi…. Banza.. Yauwa….
- Igbo people love to say Chai ……. Chineke……. na wa o…. odi nma
- Yoruba people love to say oga o….. Oluwa oooo….Jesuuuuu……
- Another interesting facts is that the above three tribes love to call each other names.
- Yoruba people calls the Igbo people “omo ajokuta ma mumi”… Omo nna….Haba, etc
- Igbo people on the other hand call the Yorubas……Ndi Ofe Nmanu
- The Hausas are called aboki…….mola…
The facts: The Igbos and the Yorubas seem to have the greatest rivalry. The British colonialists described the Hausa/Fulani as similar to the Arabs, the Yorubas as the English men of Africa and the Igbos as the Jews of Africa.
According to historical facts, people from the Yoruba tribe are the most educated followed by the Igbos.
Igbo people on the other hands are the most innovative, go to Alaba International market in Lagos, these smart Igbo boys will make anything you want… They utilize their creative thinking to turn things around.
People from the Hausa tribe are into agriculture and farming, Aliko Dangote, the richest man in Africa is an Hausa man from Kano.
If you have any more interesting facts about Nigerians and their culture, please leave it in the comment box below…..
[Article by John M.. NaijaGists.com columnist]