Nigerian Doctors Arrested For Forgetting Surgical Towel Inside Patient Stomach At Ikorodu Hospital

doctors forget surgical towel inside patient lagos

August 2, 2016 – Nigerian Doctors Arrested For Abandoning Surgical Towel Inside Patient Stomach After Surgery At Ikorodu Lagos Hospital

2 doctors working with a private hospital in Ikorodu Lagos have been arrested for allegedly abandoning a surgical towel inside a patient’s stomach after a surgical operation.

The suspects 53-year-old Dr Taiwo Shogunle and 43-year-old Dr Adeleke Olusegun, employee of St Raphael Divine Mercy Specialist Hospital Ijede were yesterday arraigned for allegedly killing a patient identified as Omojola Bamgboye during operation between December 18 and 19, 2015 at the aforementioned hospital.

The case will come up for hearing on the 9th of September 2016.

16 thoughts on “Nigerian Doctors Arrested For Forgetting Surgical Towel Inside Patient Stomach At Ikorodu Hospital

  1. That was a costly mistake. On some occasions doctors have forgotten their surgical knives in their patients’ body, and I’m talking about duely certified doctors, not quacks. I just wonder if it’s family wahala that makes then forget like this. Who knows? When a doctor quarrels with his wife prior to a surgery, anything could happen. That is why they should not tear any skin until they are fully compos mentis.

  2. What were they thinking of while doing surgery, bcos I can’t understand how a doctor can make such a mistake.
    Its only in dis country that silly mistakes like this are made almost on a daily basis. RIP to d dead.

  3. Let them be charged in the court. It is not professional on there part to have made such a huge mistake that has already resulted to the loss of life. They failed to constantly keep in mind that they are carrying out surgery on human and not animal. I want to believe other doctors will learn from this.

  4. how can a doctor be so careless… u tried to save a person by performing operation on him/her and you forget a whole towel in their stomach. my question is “shey towel na pin”

  5. Is there no check-list kept during operations to ascertain that a complete list of what is put in has been brought out? This is very frightening and mor so, that TWO doctors are involved. I am sorry for the owner(s) of the Hospital because people will stop going there.

  6. this is carelessness what were they thinking of. this will cost them a lot. they are in for big troubles even d hospital image who will wan to go there.

  7. Carelessness! How can trained doctors make such a mistake? This only shows that they’re are not qualified. RIP the death.

  8. Carelessness! How can trained doctors make such a mistake? This only shows that they are not qualified. RIP to the death.

  9. My people, let’s talk about the remote cause of this: as long as the government keeps allowing quack, mushroom clinics to be carrying out surgeries, patients will keep dying. To prevent this expensive carelessness, doctors in these mushroom clinics should be consulted for minor illnesses while life threatening cases and surgeries shld be handled by qualified surgeons in equipped hospitals.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *