May 28, 2017 – Sunday Inspiration: Accessing God’s Plan From His Book Part 2
In the previous teaching, we saw from scriptures that every child of God is redeemed a Spiritual Lion after the order of Christ, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah.
Therefore, to keep the lion in us alive, we must do the following:
- Feed on strong meat: Just as the natural lion feeds on the wild beasts to sustain its vigour, vitality and dominion, we must also feed on the strong meat of the Word (mysteries) in order to dominate every challenge that may confront us (Hebrew 5:14).
- Feed on Fresh Meat: Lions thrive on fresh kills; they don’t feed on yesterday’s meal. Similarly, the fresher the revelation we encounter, the more alive the lion in us becomes and the more dominion we will command (Luke 11:3; John 5:30; John 8:28-29).
- Feed on the Meat in Season: The meat in season here refers to the timely Word from God that deals with the issue at hand. However, we must understand that every lion either hunts for its food or dies of hunger. That simply means, if we are not Word-hunters, the lion in us would be weak and helpless (Isaiah 50:4; Matthew 8:28-32; Matthew 13:54).
- The second picture from scripture is that every child of God is redeemed a Star: Star, here, means being trailblazers, pacesetters and being at the top of our pursuits.
Also, we understand from scriptures that Jesus, the Bright and Morning Star, was not ashamed to call us His brethren. Bright and morning star means to shine early in life. For instance, Jesus at the age of 12 was a living wonder. Again, David at the age of 17 slew Goliath. Therefore, every redeemed child of God is ordained to shine early in life (Revelation 22:16; Hebrews 2:11; Luke 2:42-49; 1 Samuel 17:48-51; John 17:18; John 14:12).
But, what does it take to be a Star in the Kingdom?
- We must think Like Stars: Our thoughts determine our lot in life. That is why nothing defines destiny like mentality (Proverbs 23:7).
- We must be Disciplined: Self-discipline is the price for distinction (1 Corinthians 9:25-27).
- We must be diligent: We must be diligently committed to our task (1 Corinthians 9:24; Proverbs 22: 29).
- We must be willing to pay the price of Sacrifice: This means commitment to be stretched beyond our best, in order to actualize a given assignment. Remember, there is no star without a scar and the scar of every star is sacrifice (Luke 12:49-50).
Furthermore, we must understand that every child of God is redeemed and ordained for unending breakthroughs, because the path of the justified is as a shining light that shines more and more until the perfect day. However, our breakthroughs answer only to the level of the Word of God at work in our lives (Jeremiah 1:11-12; Isaiah 60: 1-3, 22). Therefore, we shall examine two factors that accelerate our access to a world of breakthroughs. These include:
- A burning love for God in our hearts: When our Creator becomes our husband and our love for Him graduates into a spiritual marriage, our breakthroughs become un-checkered, unstoppable, irresistible, ever conquering and ever reigning (1 Corinthians 2:9; Isaiah 54: 3-5).
- The Anointing: David was anointed with oil in 1 Samuel 16:13 and in chapter 17, he killed Goliath. This validates the fact that the anointing confers breakthrough genes on us.
We must also understand that the time we are in as members of the Body of Christ, also engenders our breakthroughs. We are in:
- The Golden era of the Church (Zechariah 4:1-7; Haggai 2:3-9).
- The Era of the Triumphant Church (Psalms 87:5-7; 2 Corinthians 2:14).
- The Dominion Era of the Church (Psalms 110:1-3; Luke 10:19).
- The Mountain-Top Era of the Church (Isaiah 2:1-3; Joel 2:21-27).
- The Heaven-on-Earth Era of the Church (Romans 10:6-10; Ephesians 2:5-6).
Furthermore, the Bible says that inside every child of God lies a greater potential than all the giants in the Old Testament. That implies that we carry a greater than Abraham, Isaac, Joseph and Daniel’s potentials within us. Therefore, as children of God, we are ordained for unending breakthroughs and the fulfilment of our destinies in grand style (Matthew 12:42; Matthew 11:11; Matthew 13:54; 1 Corinthians 15:8-10; Psalms 16:6). In conclusion, we must understand that we are absolutely responsible for the outcome of our lives; no one is to be blamed. Therefore, we must catch God’s picture of who we are, what we are worth in redemption, what we must do and how to do them, from the Bible and believe in it until it becomes a reality. However, to access God’s plan for our lives from the scriptures, we must submit to the Lordship of the Owner of the Book; the Bible.
Are you born again? If you haven’t accepted Jesus Christ as your Saviour and Lord, you can do so as you say this prayer: “Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Deliver me from sin and satan to serve the Living God. Today, I accept You as my Lord and Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now I know I am born again!”
For further reading, please get my books: Understanding Vision• Understanding Divine Direction. I invite you to come and fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have five services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:35 a.m., 9:10 a.m., 10:45 a.m. and 12:20 p.m. respectively.
I know this teaching has blessed you. Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 01-4548070, 01-4548280; or E-mail: email@example.com