June 21, 2015 – Sunday Inspiration By Bishop David Oyedepo: Engaging The Blessedness Of The Anointing
Spiritual gifts are spiritual treasures embedded in the Holy Ghost, for our profiting. That is why the Bible says: But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way (1 Corinthians 12:7, 31). Spiritual gifts are spiritual treasures in our earthen vessels that change our positions supernaturally. It is what differentiates one believer from the other (Luke 11:13).
Let’s look at one of the spiritual gifts that empower us supernaturally.
The Spirit of the Lord: This is also called the Spirit of Power or the Anointing. It is one of the seven Spirits of God as listed in Isaiah 11:1-2: And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord. Each of these seven Spirits has the capacity to make a star of any believer (Revelations 3:1). For instance, Jesus returned from His fasting adventure and was endowed with this Spirit (Luke 4:14), and we saw that Spirit at work in Luke 4:18.
This helps us to understand that this Spirit commands supernatural results and it is the force behind the strange happenings in a believer’s life (2 Timothy 1:7).
What is in the Anointing of the Holy Spirit?
- It empowers the believer to operate effectively in the supernatural: Every supernatural change of position is a manifestation of the Spirit at work (John 3:8).
•It destroys yokes: This anointing destroys the yokes on our health, family, business and breaks every generational curse, spells and enchantments, no matter their sources (Isaiah 10:27; Luke 10:19).
- It empowers our access to revelations: Every truly anointed man flows naturally in deep revelations. That is why no truly anointed man ever gets stranded because the deeper your insight, the more majestic your ride in life (1 John 2:27; 1 Corinthians 2:10Psalm 45:3-5).
- It provokes supernatural breakthroughs: The Book of Isaiah chapter 61, which is the Psalm of the anointing, tells us what the anointing carries, engenders and delivers. (Isaiah 61:1-3, 22).
This means that the anointing is not a religious emblem but a force that changes people’s names and levels. Also, it is important to know that the anointing is released at a universal cost, and there is no substitute for it (Matthew 25:9).
Any other spiritual gift may answer to prayers, but the anointing of the Holy Spirit requires that our prayers be coupled with fasting. For instance, Jesus fasted His way to the anointing and His fame went abroad (Luke 4:14). Also, Paul the Apostle fasted often and it was said of him, “The gods have come to us in the likeness of men” (2 Corinthians 6:3-5, 11:27; Acts 14:11). In the same vein, we cannot see God’s power without a thirst of our souls, coupled with a longing of the flesh (Psalm 63:1-3). Don’t let your belly rule your life, or it may ruin your destiny (Hebrews 12:16; Philippians 3:19).
What is our access to this Spiritual Gift?
It is one thing to know what we want; it is another to know how to get it. God is eager to empower us with spiritual gifts; however, we must know what it takes to connect with their release. It is written: But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him (1 Corinthians 2:9). That means the love of God is the proven platform for accessing any supernatural gift of the Spirit. Apostle Paul affirmed this when he said that the more excellent way to covet spiritual gifts is the love of God (1 Corinthians 12: 31; 13: 1-13).
Coveting spiritual gifts by the love of God is further validated by the following examples in scriptures:
- David: He was an addicted lover of God; thus, he was supernaturally empowered(Psalm 89:20-24).
- Joseph: He said, “But I fear God.” The fear of God in the Old Testament is simply the love of God (Genesis 42:18). Joseph’s act of kindness to his brothers was a proof of his love for God. He had the power to kill them but the love of God restrained him. As such, Joseph was gifted with the Spirit of wisdom that changed his position supernaturally.
- Solomon: He loved the Lord and asked for wisdom, and the Lord said, “I have given you that which you have asked; a dimension of wisdom that nobody in your time will compare with” (1 Kings 3:12). He was gifted with the Spirit of wisdom on the platform of love. Thus, the hotter our love for God, the greater our access to any spiritual gift (1 Kings 3:3). God will not empower us beyond our love for Him, which is demonstrated by our love for His Kingdom, His people, and the world. Therefore, receive a fresh baptism of the love of God that will qualify you for the manifestation of the Spirit!
Friend, these gifts are available in God and only born gain believers can access it. Are you born again? By this, I mean have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Saviour and Lord? If you haven’t, you can do so by saying this prayer: “Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Deliver me from sin and satan to serve the Living God. Today, I accept You as my Lord and Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now I know I am born again!”
For further reading, please get my books: Unlimited Power of Faith, Exploits Of Faith, The Law Of Faith, Anointing For Exploits and Understanding The Anointing.
I invite you to come and fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaan Land, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have four services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. respectively.
I know this teaching has blessed you. Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaan Land, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 7747546-8; or E-mail: email@example.com