July 2nd, 2017 – Unlocking The Supernatural Through Divine Favour!
Welcome to July, the seventh month of the year. “Seven” signifies perfection; I therefore prophesy perfection into your life.
We are in the latter days, the era of supernatural favour in the body of Christ. As a result, there shall be an unusual release of supernatural favour in the church of Christ before Jesus returns. Also, the church will begin to possess the land and wherever the soles of our feet shall thread upon shall be given to us.
As it is written: We have heard with our ears, O God, our fathers have told us, what work thou didst in their days, in the times of old. How thou didst drive out the heathen with thy hand, and plantedst them; how thou didst afflict the people, and cast them out. For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them (Psalm 44:1-3; see also Haggai 2:3-9).
But, what entitles us to favour?
Redemption: Redemption is a product of favour. It is written: For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8).
Grace, which also means favour, is the heritage of the redeemed and everyone that is born- again is listed among God’s beloved. As it is written: To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved(Ephesians 1:6; see also 2 Corinthians 5:21).
‘Beloved’ here means to be favoured or a favourite. That means every child of God is God’s favourite on the earth. Thus, we have our roots in divine favour by redemption. The Bible says: For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield (Psalm 5:12). As a result, everything about our lives attracts favour.
What then are the Scriptural Examples as regards favour?
- The ‘Church in the wilderness’ was claded with favour: For instance, concerning the
Israelites, God said: And I will give this people favour in the sight of the Egyptians: and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty (Exodus 3:21; see also Exodus 12:36).God is committed to giving His people favour and we are privileged to be His people by redemption. Hence, we are entitled to divine favour
Also, during the sojourn of the Israelites, described as the Church in the wilderness, for forty years, they experienced the tangibility of favour. It was a highly favoured and struggle-free church. The Bible records: This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us (Acts 7:38).
They enjoyed manna twice daily and the Bible says that: Thy raiment waxed not old upon thee, neither did thy foot swell, these forty years (Deuteronomy 8:4). We must understand that there is nothing in the Old Testament that can be compared to what is available to us in the New Testament. If the church in the wilderness was that favoured, how much more shall the church of the Living God bought by the Blood of Jesus be favoured?
- The Church in the Upper room enjoyed favour: As it is written: Praising God, and having
favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved (Acts 2:47).
Favour was the identity of the first church. That means the church of Christ is ordained to swim in favour. Furthermore, Jesus Christ, the Head of the church was robed with favour. The Bible says: And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man (Luke 2:52).
Jesus said: As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world (John 17:18). We are heirs of God and joint heirs with Jesus. That means whatever pertains to Christ pertains to us. Thus, we are highly favoured individuals (Romans 8:17).
What, then, are the virtues of Favour?
- Favour terminates tears: Favour turns our tears into testimonies. It is written:
For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved. Lord, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled (Psalm 30:5-7).
- Favour in a man’s life defines the quality of his life
- Prosperity: And the Lord was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian. And his master saw that the Lord was with him, and that the Lord made all that he did to prosper in his hand. And Joseph found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand (Genesis 39:2-4).It is impossible to secure favour with God and not have favour with man.
- Favour is the cure for man’s struggles: Joseph didn’t struggle; favour positioned him from one level to another (Psalm 105:17-22).
- Supernatural enlargement: Grace (favour) is the covenant mother of greatness. It is grace that makes great, not skill or strength. Every giant in the Kingdom is made of favour. No one can be greater than the grace of God at work in his life and grace simply means divine favour. Apostle Paul said: But by the grace of God I am what I am… (1 Corinthians 15:10; see also 1 Samuel 2:9; Ecclesiastes 9:11; Romans 9:16).
However, favour only answers to the redeemed; that means, to experience the reality of divine favour, you must be born again. Are you born again? If you are not, this is an opportunity to do so. Simply say the following prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Deliver me from sin and satan to serve the Living God. Today, I accept You as my Lord and Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now I know I am born again! For further reading, please get my books: Commanding the Supernatural, Walking in the Miraculous, Operating in the Supernatural, Releasing the Supernatural and All You Need To Have All Your Needs Met. I invite you to come and fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have five services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:35 a.m., 9:10 a.m., 10:45 a.m. and 12:20 p.m. respectively. I know this teaching has blessed you. Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 01-4548070, 01-4548280; or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org