Connect with us

NaijaGists.com – Proudly Nigerian DIY Motivation & Information Blog

3 Kids, Siblings Killed As Burn Out Candle Sets House On Fire In Egbeda Akowonjo Lagos

Crime News

3 Kids, Siblings Killed As Burn Out Candle Sets House On Fire In Egbeda Akowonjo Lagos

children killed lagos housefire

June 14, 2015 – 3 Children, Siblings Burnt Alive As Burn Out Candle Sets House On Fire In Egbeda Akowonjo Lagos

3 children of the same parents on Saturday night died in an inferno that destroyed their three-room-self-contain apartment in Egbeda-Akowonjo area of Lagos State.

The incident caused by a candle-lit occurred around 10:00 p.m., at No 20, Fakoya St, . Vulcaniser Bus Stop, Egbeda Akowonjo.

It left the three kids, identified as : Ifeoma, 9; Emeka, 7; and Udeoma, 3 dead.
The Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Razak Fadipe, confirmed this to NAN in Lagos on Sunday.

Fadipe said that the fire broke after the father of the children had gone to check his wife, the mother of the children, in the hospital, where she had just given birth to their fourth child.

He said that the fire service was not called to the scene on time, and advised people to stop the use of candle to lit their house.

“We got a distress call and when we got there, we discovered that, it was a building that was on fire.
“The building is located at No 20, Fakoya St, . Vulcaniser Bus Stop, Egbeda Akowonjo, a suburb of Lagos.
“The fire was caused by a candle, which was lit by their father, while he went to see his wife and the family’s new baby in the hospital,” he said.

Fadipe said that the charred body of the dead children had been removed to a mortuary by the police from Shasha Division.

The fire service boss appealed to people in Lagos to desist from using candle in their homes, as it could be very dangerous.

[NAN]

4 Comments

4 Comments

  1. Larape Samson

    June 14, 2015 at 9:39 PM

    I can’t believe some people are still using candle in this modern age

  2. MILIAR

    June 15, 2015 at 5:56 AM

    what a sad new! RIP

  3. Uchenna O

    June 15, 2015 at 12:22 PM

    Look at what carelessness have cost this family, is very painful to lost three children in this way, RIP to they innocent children.

  4. Grace

    June 15, 2015 at 1:51 PM

    Many people still. imagine when no kerosine. He would have stand the candle on a metal. Or ask the eldest child to switch it off before they finally sleep. what a sad news.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Crime News

Advertisement

NEW UPDATES

Advertisement

To Top