August 28, 2015 – Buhari’s New Appointments Of Northerners Angers APC Leaders
President Buhari released a new list of politicians that will be serving in his administration yesterday.
Buhari reportedly approved the list without consulting top leaders in his party, a move that angered many.
Some APC leaders who spoke to Punch Correspondents yesterday complained that the new appointment tilted in favour of the North and said the party must move fast to cope with the backlash of expected rumblings in the polity.
“The President does not consult before making most of these appointments and I can tell you that Nigerians are going to term the party and the President as a northern party and the President of Northern Nigeria,” a leader of the party said to one of our correspondents late on Thursday.
Another APC leader in the South-West who requested anonymity said: “This is not good at all. Why should he choose everybody from the North? I am sure he did not confide in anybody before drawing up the list and making the announcement. We will continue to watch. It is condemnable.”
Check out the names of Buhari’s new appointees
- Babachir David Lawal – Secretary to the Government of the Federation
- Abba Kyari – Chief of Staff to the President
- Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (rtd.) – Comptroller-General, Nigerian Customs Service
- Kure Martin Abeshi – Comptroller-General, Nigerian Immigration Service
- Senator Ita S.J. Enang – SSA to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate)
- Hon. Suleiman A. Kawu – SSA to the President on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives)
Oga Buhari feels comfortable with his people.