Connect with us

NaijaGists.com – Proudly Nigerian DIY Motivation & Information Blog

Baby Burnt To Death By Candlelight Fire In Shagari Estate Iyana Ipaja Lagos

Crime News

Baby Burnt To Death By Candlelight Fire In Shagari Estate Iyana Ipaja Lagos

baby burnt to death candle fire iyana ipaja

April 20, 2015 – Baby Burnt To Death In Shagari Estate Ipaja Lagos By Candlelight Fire

On Saturday around 8:30pm, an innocent 6-month-old baby boy was burnt alive after his mum lit a candle on top of a wardrobe beside the baby’s bed.

The candle fell on the mattress, causing fire around 9:45pm

The tragedy happened on Mosan Okunola street in Shagari Estate, Ipaja area of Lagos.

The Director of the Lagos State Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe, who blamed the incident on the carelessness of the baby’s mother, said the child’s father was away at the time of the incident.

He said, “The child’s father was not at home when it happened. It was the mother who lit a candle , placed it on top of the wardrobe and forgot it there. The candle burnt out and the six-months-old baby, which was on the bed, was burnt to death.

“Lagos residents must stop using candles to avoid such fire incidents. It is advisable for them to use rechargeable lamps.”

8 Comments

8 Comments

  1. Gbenro Olubade

    April 20, 2015 at 4:48 AM

    The mother deserves a jail term for homicide, what is a baby doing with candle

  2. Omotunde

    April 20, 2015 at 6:06 AM

    d woman is insane

  3. Andra

    April 20, 2015 at 7:25 AM

    We should learn to apportion blames rightly and address the real issue at hand as well as the main culprit: PHCN. Though the woman is to blame for being careless in her part that led to this avoidable tragedy, i believe she would not resort to the use of candle if there was power supply in the first instance. A lot of lives have been lost due to this issue of erratic/non-supply of power to the masses, the blood of the innocents is on the head of PHCN and their family members. Rest in peace little one for you are in a better place now, may God give your parents the fortitude to bear your painful yet avoidable demise. Adieu!

  4. barkley

    April 20, 2015 at 3:55 PM

    What has PHCN doing with this issue bro..hw wil u lit up a candle when u are goinq out..dat is the questn

  5. C Saviour

    April 20, 2015 at 9:37 PM

    D problem wt us is dat we dont look @ issues well b4 makn comments, if der was power supply all dis dramas ll’ nt hppn, cos no luving mother ll’ luv 2 keep her beluved child in d dark, pls n pls dont castigate dat woman she only tride 2 give her luving child a light, like every other mother ll’ do 2 her luving child, pls d did has been done so don’t castigate her pls.

  6. Lady E

    April 21, 2015 at 11:03 AM

    Hmmmm is it not wen dere is lit u can charg d chargable lampter? It is well. PHC did u see ur hand work?wen u guy are always playin wit light

  7. Olabisi

    April 23, 2015 at 3:01 PM

    true talk Lady E.

  8. fatai ishola

    June 2, 2015 at 11:35 AM

    God has decreed it to happen dat way. afterall dis is not d first time of her lightening d candle though in a careless manner.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Crime News

Advertisement

NEW UPDATES

Advertisement

To Top