Welcome to the concluding part of this teaching! I hope you were blessed by the teaching of last week.
This week, we shall focus on: Engaging the Breakthrough Power of Faith!.
From Scriptures, we discover that it is only our faith that can make us become what God says.
The Bible records: Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised (Hebrews 11:11; see also Isaiah 14:27, 55:11).
God has sworn; yet, it will take our own faith to become what He has declared. Two things brought about the fulfillment of the prophetic word in Sarah’s life: her faith got the job done, and she also believed in the set time (Genesis 21:1-2).
Thus, every prophecy is ordained to be fulfilled at the set time because we serve a God of appointed time (Habakkuk 2:3). God is committed to His timing and when we are in line with the appointed time, our next levels will come.
As it is written: And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment (1 Chronicles 12:32). Therefore, if we don’t have an understanding of the time, we stand to be messed up.
There are things we must do to experience continuous breakthroughs in our lives. Thus, every breakthrough story in the Kingdom is rooted in specific Word encounters (Isaiah 9:8; John 2:3/5/9; Luke 5:4-7).
Many people heard the Word but the Word did not produce in their lives because the Word we don’t put to work will never work.
As it is written: Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works (James 2:18).
What, Then, is the Breakthrough Nature of Faith?
- Faith is sharing responsibility with God in the light of Scriptures, so as to commit Him to make good His promise: Any faith that seeks to make God absolutely responsible for the outcome of its life is an irresponsible faith. Real faith makes us take responsibility to see God in action. Until our part is played, God is not committed.
- Faith is the spiritual virtue that establishes partnership with the invisible God, thereby empowering us to do the impossible: It is written: What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31). Every time our faith comes alive, God’s partnership with us on that issue of concern is established. So, it is our faith that establishes our partnership with God in dealing with the issues of our lives. For instance, Abraham’s faith was a partnership faith (Genesis 17:1). Every time we believe God, we remind Him of His partnership with us, thus empowering us to do the impossible (Romans 3:3-4). Also, when the Israelites believed Him by going towards the Red Sea, the sea saw them and fled. Their partnership with God made them more than conquerors.
- Faith is not just reaching out to God who is in heaven; faith is bringing God down to where we are: This means that we are both on the battlefield. His name is called the Omnipotent God, and with the breath of His nostrils, He will slay our enemies.
- Faith is putting God’s Word to work, believing: We must maintain a thought pattern that is in line with what we believe (Proverbs 23:7).
- Faith converts the Word into flesh: It converts the spiritual to physical and the immaterial into material (John 1:14).
- Faith is not just getting God to do something; it is securing God’s partnership in getting things done:As it is written: …for we are labourers together with God (1 Corinthians 3:9). It is that partnership that turns men into living wonders in the world. Faith brings us into partnership that makes us dare the undareable, speak the unspeakable and deliver the impossible.
In summary, if faith is so powerful, why then do we appear so powerless? It is because our faith is not well-rooted.
Every change of level meets people suddenly, and except our faith is set, we will trash it and miss our set time.
We need to build our faith or it will fail us when our lifting comes because we need a set faith to take delivery of our next levels. Therefore, we should invest in getting our faith set by tapping into the depth that God has given to those who have it. But, to get your faith set, you must be born again.
Are you born again? If you are not, this is an opportunity to do so. Simply say the following prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Today, I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now, I know I am born again! For further reading, please get my books: Unlimited Power of Faith, Understanding the Power of Faith, Exploits of Faith and Born to Win!.
I invite you to fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have four services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. respectively. I know this teaching has blessed you. Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 01-4548070, 01-4548280; or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Facebook: www.facebook.com/davidoyedepoministries/; Twitter: @DavidOyedepoMin.