Couple Divorces After Only Child, Baby Boy Drank A Bottle Of Adult Medicine & Died


boy drank adult medicine

Sunday July 17, 2016 – Couple Divorces After Only Child, A Baby Boy Drank A Bottle Of Adult Medicine & Died

Story by Eunice from Asaba

A very sad story that happened to my uncle and his wife in 2015 that will teach everyone on this platform how to watch out for their children.

My Uncle and his wife married for ten good years with no child and in the eleventh year a baby boy was born into the family.

Their joy grew no bounds. When the boy was around 2 years of age, one beautiful morning that turned to a sad day, my uncle was about leaving home for work and he saw his medicine bottle open but couldn’t wait to pick up the medicine bottle and cap it because he is already late for work.

He asked his wife to cap the bottle and keep it out of reach of the child because the bottle contained a poisonous medicine meant for adult in a very small dosage.

The mother was preoccupied in the kitchen and totally forgot the matter. The boy saw the bottle and playfully went to it. He was fascinated with its colour; he picked it up and drank all the medicine in it.

When the child collapsed, the mother hurried him to the hospital, where he died. The mother was stunned. She was scared how to face her husband. When the distressed father came to the hospital and saw the dead child, he cried like a wounded lion

He looked at his wife with so much hate and blamed her for the death of their only child which took years to conceive.

As I’m writing this, they are finalising their divorce papers. I feel so pained because the whole family is blaming the woman but what of my uncle that couldn’t even remember to remove the medicine bottle he drank himself? Women are always blamed in marriage issues and I think it’s not fair at all.