Connect with us

NaijaGists.com – Proudly Nigerian DIY Motivation & Information Blog

Father & Sons Die After Eating Poisoned Dog Meat In Cross River State

Crime News

Father & Sons Die After Eating Poisoned Dog Meat In Cross River State

man son dies poison dog meat

September 1st 2014 – Father & Sons Die After Eating Poisoned Dog Meat In Cross River State

A man, his 2 kids and 2 other villagers have died after eating a poisoned dog meat in Cross River State.

Sources said the victims ate the meat of a sick dog in Uchenyim village located in Wanikade, North Ukelle.

The man reportedly killed the dog which was ill and was about to die. But instead of throwing it away, he decided to feast on it with his two sons and other persons.

An eye witness in the area, Ugbem Onawo, said the dog always ate the eggs laid by chickens in the village and one of the villagers allegedly laced the eggs laid by his chicken with Gamalin 20 insecticide.

“The dog ate the eggs and fell ill and when it was about to die the owner quickly killed and prepared it into a delicacy which he, his family and some neigbours ate, ” Onawo, a villager narrated.

The source said though many fell sick after eating the meat, those who died also ate the intestines of the dog where incidentally the poison from the Gamalin 20 is lodged.

According to him, when they became very ill they were taken to the local health centre for medical attention but were confirmed dead on arrival at the health centre.

Frank Ugbem, the councillor representing Wanikade Ward in Yala Local Government Council legislature described the tragedy as painful.

He said he has sent a delegation to console the bereaved families, adding that the dead have been buried.

[Reported By PM Lagos]

5 Comments

5 Comments

  1. white

    September 1, 2014 at 3:53 PM

    So sad. RIP

  2. Julius

    September 1, 2014 at 4:39 PM

    So bad 4 those families.we shuld be careful in d type of meat we eat.

  3. mulikat

    September 1, 2014 at 7:32 PM

    they should stop eating Dog,bats,monkeys and all so call bushmeat.

  4. T

    September 2, 2014 at 12:42 AM

    The blames goes to the owner of those chickens, that was wickedness, the so called villager knew whoever ate the eggs will dies either human or animal and now see how many people died . We should always think deeply before we make a decision.
    If they had take the dog to veteran doctor they would have know what problems are, just because the man don’t want the dog to waste he died with his children may their soul rest in peace.

  5. augustinejunior

    September 2, 2014 at 6:14 PM

    REST in perfect peace people

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Crime News

Advertisement

NEW UPDATES

Advertisement

To Top