March 18, 2014 – Fire, Explosion Destroys Christ Embassy Lagos Generator Room
An inferno has destroyed Christ Embassy church property in Oregun area of Lagos after a major explosion that started from the generator room.
According to a church member, 4 of their electric generators were burnt in the fire.
On getting there, Lagos Fire Service officials couldn’t do anything due do equipment malfunction.
Christ Embassy’s generator room got totally destroyed when one of the heavy duty generators caught fire this afternoon. The room was reduced to rubbles before the fire could be contained.
The explosion didn’t affect the main church auditorium and the extent of the damage is still unknown since the fire lasted till late in the night.