January 20, 2016 – Lassa Fever Virus Disease Death Toll In Nigeria: 63 Dead, 212 Quarantined In 62 LGA Of 17 States Affected
At least 63 have died following the outbreak of Lassa Fever virus disease in Nigeria.
According to Health Minister Professor Isaac Adewole, 63 people have died while 212 others have been placed in isolation in 62 local government area of 17 states affected in Nigeria.
Here are the 17 states affected
- Kogi as well as the FCT.
He also listed the 6 Lassa fever treatment centers in Nigeria as
- Irrua Hospital in Edo
- University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital
- Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano
- Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH)
- University College Hospital Ibadan
- National Centre for Disease Control, Asokoro, Abuja.