Welcome to another impactful week! I hope you were blessed by last week teaching. Today, we shall focus on:Understanding the Covenant of Success!
Every one craves and celebrates success because it is the innate desire of every human being. However, from scriptures, we understand that the journey to the land of success is a covenant walk and a lack of understanding of the covenant of success will get us frustrated in the process.
First, let us recognise that no Christian can walk in outstanding success without engaging its demands. This is because God has His way and they are the highways of life. A strict and consistent compliance with His ways on our part will take us to our covenant dreamland of success. Joshua 1:8 is God’s formula for success: This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. From the scripture above, God is saying that there are things we must do, if we want to make our ways prosperous. It is not what God will do for us, but what He is asking us to do in order to establish our desires. As we all know, success is not arriving at the peak overnight; it is making continuous progress. Success is not a destination, but an adventure, which is accessible to all who dare to venture. So, when everyday is a plus on the previous, we can be termed successful.
How, then can we access the Covenant of Success?
- Through Wisdom: It is important to recognise that in the school of success, wisdom is the principal (Proverbs 4:7). Thus, it is the baseline for a successful life! Please understand that the quality of wisdom applied determines the quality of results attained. In other words, success in life, business, family, ministry, etc, is a function of the wisdom available and the wisdom applied. Wisdom is what makes stars in any field of endeavours (Daniel 12:3). Also, we must understand that wisdom can be applied in three major ways:
- Wisdom for direction (Ecclesiastes 10:9-10; Proverbs 3:13-16).
- Wisdom for the use of our mouths (Ecclesiastes 10:11-13, Proverbs 12:14).
- A working knowledge of our task (Ecclesiastes 10:15; Proverbs 24:3-4).
- Through Discipline: Indiscipline is an enemy of success. Discipline is operating as demanded and not as convenient. It is giving our assignment all it takes to deliver it (Daniel 1:8). Outstanding success is a product of high-level discipline (1Corinthians 10:23; 1Corinthians 9:24-26). It takes discipline to go up and stay up. Discipline is the ladder of destiny. Thus, no unruly man ever ends up distinguished. We need to do the right thing at the right time. To wake up at anytime we wish, sleep anytime, receive visitors and talk to friends at will is not the path to success. The Bible says: Woe to thee, O land, when thy king is a child, and thy princes eat in the morning! Blessed art thou, O land, when thy king is the son of nobles, and thy princes eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness (Ecclesiastes 10:16-17)! In addition, direction plus instruction is what equals distinction. Instructions are the highways of distinction. To be a success, we must walk in instructions also. For instance, God made Jacob to ride upon the high places of the earth by instructions, not by inspiration (Deutero-nomy 32:9-14). Until we do what we are expected to do, God will never do a thing in our direction. Every act of God is initiated by man through compliance with His instructions.
- Through Diligence: It is true that success is our birthright; but no lazy man has a future in the Kingdom. Living without working is like dying without knowing. It is written: By much slothfulness the building decayeth; and through idleness of the hands the house droppeth through (Ecclesiastes 10:18). We can never find a successful man who is not a hard worker. If we go through the story of successful men in the world and even through Scriptures, we would find out that no man ever rose to the top who was not a proven hard worker. Every man of height and dignity in the world today and in scriptures is a notable hard worker. Also, note that it is impossible to see success without diligence. The Bible says: Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men (Proverbs 22:29).
In summary, only working hands are blessed hands. Rise up and react violently against failure! When we fulfil our covenant obligation for success, God will back us up. Jesus, the Saviour of the whole earth said, ‘I must work.’ In another place, He said, ‘The Father worketh hitherto, and I work’ (John 9:4, 5:17).
If God the Father is working and Jesus too, who are we going to resemble by being idle? Thus, you can only benefit from the covenant of success when you are born again. Are you born again? If you are not, this is an opportunity to do so. Simply say the following prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today.
I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Today, I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now I know I am born again!” For further reading, please get my books: Ruling your World, Exploring the Secrets of Success, Success Strategies and Success Systems. I invite you to come and fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have five services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 1:20 p.m. respectively. I know this teaching has blessed you. Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 01-4548070, 01-4548280; or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Face book: www.facebook.com/davidoyedepoministries/; Twitter: @DavidOyedepoMin