Generator Fumes Killed 7 Family Members In Delta State

generator fumes kill family delta state

June 21st, 2013 – Generator Fumes Killed 7 Family Members In Agbor, Delta State

Latest reports from Delta indicate that a family of seven died from fumes caused by a standby generator at Agbor, Delta State.

The victims, a retiree of the Nigerian Army, Mr Jacob Ikenchukwu Obuteh, five of his children and a young man believed to be a boyfriend of one of the daughters were found lifeless in their Ime Obi village in Agbor, last Tuesday.

Among them were three kids between the ages of two and three years, grand children of the retired soldier.

The family were said to have attended a church service last Sunday for activities marking the first anniversary of the death of the mother  of one of the daughters of the military officer in Lagos.

In the evening of last Sunday, the family switched on their new generating set and that was the last time people in the areas saw them.
On Tuesday, when stench started to ooze out from the bungalow, neigbhours became suspicious and decided to force one of the windows  open only to find decomposing bodies.

Following the discovery, other members of the extended family contacted the police who eventually forced the door open.

Five decomposing bodies were reportedly found in one of the rooms while the remaining two were found in another room with the generator on the corridor inside the house, having its ignition on but its fuel tank empty.

[Source: Tribune]

12 thoughts on “Generator Fumes Killed 7 Family Members In Delta State

  1. AAAA THIS IS TOO MUCH OOO GOD HAVE MERCY, THE GOOD PART IS THAT THEY ATTENDED CHURCH THE PREVIOUS NIGHT,I FEEL SO SO SAD FOR THE TODDLERS,CONDOLENCE TO THE FAMILY… GOD KNOWS BEST… I SAY TO THE REMAINING FAMILY MEMBERS IT’S WELL IN JESUS NAME.

  2. Upon all d news about d killing of generator fume since dis generator came into dis country,some people are still adamant by keeping d Gen inside dia how,may dia souls rest in peace Amen.

  3. when will issue of electricity be solved in naija..i pass my neighbor is doing more harm than good.yet our politicians close their eyes and ears to see this.

  4. Ds is d 1st x of me hearin ds kind of story,n it alws happn in delta state. Hw cn sum1 kep his or her gen on,inside or behind d rum? Ds is serious o…

  5. But people are really dummies o! habba, everyday there is always news on different media stations about this Generators killing people, but still yet, no correction. How can a normal person On his Gen inside his room if he does not have the intention of committing suicide?

  6. It is fooishness dat kill dem if it truely geerator fume cos I can’t imagine dat wen d fume started to choke dem why did thy not run outside. Were dey chained? Was the doors locke and chained against dem? O boy dere is a fowl play dere. Police pls investigate

  7. The same insident happeand here in Bayelsa just last monf were d family of seaven died includin deir mother, pls our pple make we d learn frm mistakes.PLSSS DONT KEEP UR GENERATOR NEAR UR ROOM CUS D FLAMME IS DEADLY. may deir gentle soul RIP

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *