Man Loses N200 Million As Fire Destroys Shops In Abakaliki Ebonyi State

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

man loses N200million housefire abakaliki

January 4, 2018 – Man Loses N200 Million As Fire Destroys Shops In Abakaliki Ebonyi State

A small complex attached to a house in Abakaliki Ebonyi state was gutted by fire today where property worth over 0.5million Naira were destroyed.

Pictured above is the aftermath of a fire which gutted a 10-room bungalow at #7 Momo street in Abakaliki in the early hours of Thursday.

Here is what one of the occupants, Umaru Yakubu told journalists:

“We lost many things. My brother who is a tailor lost his industrial machine and everything in the shop. Another brother of mine who trades on cattle lost over N200 million. He was supposed to travel to the north the following day” .

“For over 15 minutes, the officials of the Ebonyi State Fire Service did not come even when their station and the scene is just a stone throw. When they finally came, they sprayed little water and packed up; complaining that they don’t have enough water” .

The fire was caused by an electric spark from a plugged refrigerator.

3 thoughts on “Man Loses N200 Million As Fire Destroys Shops In Abakaliki Ebonyi State

  1. Sorry for your losses, especially at this festive season. How could someone lose #200 million? Did he store money in the store or kept 2000 cattle in there?

  2. @” Lola
    Even if the trader’s used his shop as a bank, he still wouldn’t have both cash and properties worth 200M and at the same time i feel for them though but 200m??? kilode

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *