By Rev Tony Akinyemi
1 Timothy 4:13-16 “Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership.
Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all. Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.”
Our ultimate goal in life is to make heaven at the end of the day.
There are many things seeking to drag us down and derail us. Our eyes must be focused on our journey and our goal. We must not be distracted. We will arrive safely at our final destination in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Our text today offers us a sure recipe for saving ourselves and those in our sphere of ministerial influence.
The highpoints of the recipe are:
• Give attention to regular Bible reading;
• Pay attention to exhortation and doctrine;
• Do not neglect spiritual gifts;
• Meditate on the word of God regularly;
• Give yourself entirely to these Christian disciplines;
• Take heed to yourself (i.e. be careful);
• Take heed to your doctrine (don’t ignore doctrinal teachings);
• Continue in these things. Don’t grow weary. Keep doing them!
The guarantee given in the word of God is that if we are consistent in doing these things, we will save ourselves and those who listen to our teachings and sermons.
Points to Remember
• Our ultimate goal in life is to make heaven at the end of the day.
• Our eyes must be focused on our journey and our goal.
•There are things we must keep doing consistently if we must save ourselves and others.
• Is there any aspect of your walk with God that you have grown weary in already? Encourage yourself in the Lord.
• Take time to study today’s memory verse over and over again.
· Pray for strength in areas that you have grown weary in the things of God.
· Pray that all backsliders will be restored to their first love with God.
· Pray for all missionaries on the field that they shall never be tired or abandon their God given assignment.
· Pray for the baptism of God’s joy upon your life today.
There are many things seeking to drag me down and derail me on this path to heaven, but I shall remain focused until I reach my goal of making heaven.