Lupita Nyong’o: Here Are Some Interesting Facts About The Kenyan Mexican Actress Making Africa Proud In Hollywood
The beauty and brain was born to a Politician from Kenya, Mr Peter Anyang Nyong’o in Mexico city on the 1st of March 1983.
Her dad took her to Kenya at the age one.
See more interesting details of her life below
- Lupita’s real name is Lupita Amondi Nyong’o
- Lupita bagged a Master’s degree in acting from Yale back in 2012
- She is the second of 6 children
- Lupita is the first Mexican Kenyan actress to win an Academy Award
- She entered Hollywood as a production assistant
- Her father who was a former college teacher later became a politician in Kenya
- Her family fled Kenya due to political unrest
- Lupita is a graduate of Hampshire College where she bagged a Bachelor’s degree in film and theater studies
- Her net worth is about $5million
- In 2008, she made her acting debut with the short film East River and subsequently returned to Kenya to star in the television series Shuga (2009).
- She picked her lovely hour glass figure from her mother Dorothy Nyong o.
Lupita with mother, Dorothy
Lupita Nyong and her parents
She became a celebrated African actress after playing the role of Nakia in Marvel Studio Black Panther movie.