Wealthy Nigerian Couple Burnt To Death In Onitsha House Fire

billionaire couple burnt to death

March 4th, 2013 – Wealthy Nigerian Couple Burnt To Death In Onitsha House Fire

It was a moving scene. In the bathroom, they clung to each other. They were probably desperately seeking a way to escape the fire that gutted their home. They did not make it. Husband and wife were burnt to death.

Nobody knows how the mystery fire started yesterday in the palatial home of the Mr. And Mrs. Boniface Ndubuisi. Sympathisers only came and met the bodies of the multi-billionaire couple, who just returned home from abroad, in the bathroom of their 2, Arinze Lane, off Okolo Street, American Quarters, Onitsha, Anambra State home.

The building was said to have been razed before fire fighters could gained access into the compound. The couple’s valuables, worth billions of naira, reportedly went with the fire.

In a tension-soaked atmosphere yesterday, tongues wagged over the likely cause of the fire.

An eyewitness could not fathom how and where the fire started in the one-storey building, but confirmed that it started about 4am.

The couple, The Nation learnt, had six children; three in America, two in Abuja and one in Lagos.

The eyewitness said the couple’s bodies were found inside their bathroom, clinging unto each other.

The Divisional Police Officer, Onitsha Central Police Station, Mr Tope Fasugba has visited the scene with his men. He said the incident is being investigated.

The police, it was learnt, have taken the bodies to the morgue in Onitsha.

Many blamed the incident on power surge from Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).

Fire fighters strived to prevent the fire from spreading to other compounds.

[The Nation]

Join us on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/naijagists for latest news updates

8 thoughts on “Wealthy Nigerian Couple Burnt To Death In Onitsha House Fire

  1. May their souls and the souls of the faithful departed through the Mercy of God rest in perfect peace.Amen

  2. Sad story indeed. Just using my minds eyes to picture d excrutiating pains dey passed trough b4 dey finally gave up. Fire accident is realy disastrous. Lesson to others. 4u dat dnt knw wat safety is,learn to have atleast to extinguishers at home coz 9iga no get fire fighters oo. Shuld it erupt,u wil fight ur fire urself ooo. I don talk my own finish

  3. Without God there is no safety,even wit fire fighters or extinguisher, umh na wa o dey died clinging 2geda dats inseparable love oooo

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *