Connect with us

NaijaGists.com – Proudly Nigerian DIY Motivation & Information Blog

How NTA & AIT Rejected My Campaign Ads – Buhari

Political News

How NTA & AIT Rejected My Campaign Ads – Buhari

Oct 15, 2015 – How NTA & AIT Rejected My Political Campaign Ads – Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has restated his gratitude to Nigerians for his victory at the general elections saying he emerged winner against all odds.

Speaking at The Red Media Summit in Lagos, Thursday,‎ Mr. Buhari said that he won the election despite the deployment of state forces against him.

“Muhammadu Buhari’s goodwill greetings to you is on account of the fact that he won an election that many people think he was not going to win,” said Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, ‎‎who represented Mr. Buhari.

“Americans say that elections are won on the dollar. It’s very improbable that anybody can win an election without money. We didn’t have advertising money on our campaign. Even when we had little money to spend on advertising, the Nigerian Television Authority was not making available to us slots, neither was AIT.

“I remember on a particular night I called NTA, they had 16 slots of one minute adverts and I said I wanted to buy one minute for the Buhari campaign, they said all 16 had been sold.

“Some other instances that exposed the partisan nature of the NTA. Money was returned to us, from AIT money was returned to us. They simply won’t advertise for us.”

Mr. Shehu expressed the presidency’s gratitude to Statecraft, an arm on The Red Media, for ‎”selling an unlikely candidate to a very skeptical nation.”

“The day there was a security siege at my home, I woke up to see that my house had been surrounded by armed policemen in the course of the campaign,” Mr. Shehu said.

“In fact it was the cocking of their guns that rose me and my family members from our sleep. Only to discover that tens of policemen, police vehicles, and some other unidentified vehicles darkened our windows around my home.

“The first thing I did was to say ‘Who will help me out of this situation?’ I needed to expose what was going on, and the‎ first man I reached was Adebola Williams of Statecraft. Adebola began to announce on Facebook and Twitter from that moment until the security elements realized that the whole world was looking at what they were doing, because I remained indoors throughout the siege.

“Of course it was much later that we came to know why they had come. Even the APC Presidential Campaign was penetrated by fifth columnists, and I will make this confession, because a day before that siege we had had a meeting with the security committee at which we agreed that we were going to run a story announcing that the National Security Adviser at that time, Mr. Sambo Dasuki, was staging a second coup d’etat against Muhammadu Buhari.

“The former National Security Adviser was involved in a coup that threw out Muhammadu Buhari as military president in 1984.

“This time around, all the things that followed, the postponement of the election on account of this and that and a lot of the thinking of the campaign was that this was yet another coup being hatched by the National Security Adviser and we eventually discovered that this siege on our homes was to pre-empt the story.‎”

[Premium Times]

Continue Reading
You may also like...
13 Comments

13 Comments

  1. Lami

    October 15, 2015 at 8:50 PM

    story storiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii storiiiiiiiiiii.we hear you. you had no money kwo ? tell that to the zamfara winds . ameachi and tinubu too had no money kwo? you people had no money,themoney 4 aisha buhari,s wrist-watch na m.k.o abiola give am . nigeria is larger tan that ,not even almanjiris can be deceived any more.

  2. femi

    October 16, 2015 at 1:27 AM

    LAM OR WHAT IS YOUR NAME? I THINK U NEED TO FURTHER YOUR EDUCATION BEFORE POSTING A COMMENT *****.

  3. Felix

    October 16, 2015 at 4:24 AM

    Shallow Thinkers abound in Nigeria!!! Many allow sentiment to becloud their sense of reasoning.@Lami your type can be found everywhere in Nigeria among d youth.Now tell me,what does d future hold for our youth if dis ugly trend remains like dis?I sorry for my country!!!

  4. George

    October 16, 2015 at 4:53 AM

    Story Story remember time is going no project done

  5. Prince

    October 16, 2015 at 5:31 AM

    Lami you are a ********.

  6. bilyaminu salihu

    October 16, 2015 at 7:49 AM

    Lami mechionu,if u don’t have what to say you keep ur mouth shot ok?

  7. Bakare Kunmi

    October 16, 2015 at 8:44 AM

    Is only God just made Mr president successful 4 d election.

  8. jamocom

    October 16, 2015 at 6:07 PM

    You are simply the illiterate @lami because I see no reason why you are talking as if you an animal

  9. Justin

    October 17, 2015 at 2:36 PM

    Mr president election has come and gone,lets settle down for the business of governance.

  10. Enenche joe

    October 17, 2015 at 3:28 PM

    Why don’t you report them to aproprite authorities by them?

  11. gracious

    October 19, 2015 at 12:37 AM

    Baba we hear, the change we voted for is over delaying, things r turning from bad to worst. Bloodshed is increasing by d day, a common man can no longer eat a quality meal due to d high prices of food stuff.we need unique change, not too much talk.

  12. All4God

    October 20, 2015 at 11:37 AM

    Our Good president D Lord we kep u in D name of jesus, u w overcome By D Grace of God. Nija si madara…………………………….

  13. uwem

    October 22, 2015 at 2:29 PM

    Sir, pls may we forget about the past, now that the election politicking is over and concentrates on the good governance of the people both that vote for or against you. You are now the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria! May God bless Nigeria.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Political News

Advertisement

NEW UPDATES

Advertisement

To Top