Sales Boy Electrocuted In Aba Abia State As He Touched Fallen High Tension Cable

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

sales boy electrocuted aba

Sept 2nd, 2016 – Sales Boy Electrocuted In Aba Abia State As He Touched Fallen High Tension Cable

A young boy identified as Monday has died of electrocution in Abia State.

According to eyewitnesses, the 20-year-old sales boy was electrocuted yesterday in front of his master’s shop on Enugu Port Harcourt Expressway near Osisioma junction in Aba while trying to remove a fallen high tension cable.

The deceased who hailed from Arochukwu area of the state reportedly tried to remove the cable which fell during downpour.

An eyewitness said immediately he touched the wire, power was restored to the area and he was electrocuted.

He is said to be the only son of his parents and the breadwinner of the family.

May his soul rest in peace (amen).

3 thoughts on “Sales Boy Electrocuted In Aba Abia State As He Touched Fallen High Tension Cable

  1. NEPA HAS done what they know best to do. Look how they have brought grief to the heart of a mother! I do not know why a thing as hazardous as a fallen high tension cable should be delayed before it is cleared and closed out. This story keeps repeating. Back in the days, it was a small girl that had her dear life sucked out of her by a cable that had fallen for over 1 week. A hawker, too, died when she stepped on the murderous line.

    PLEASE WE SHOULD try and to totally avoid all fallen electric cables, even if they had been there for decades without voltage. You never can tell when it would come alive. NEPA should be sued in a case like this.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *