Top 5 Benefits of studying past exam questions
March 3, 2012 – Top 5 Benefits of studying past exam questions
WAEC Exams as we all know is few weeks from now and some of you are busy looking around for waec expo while others have concluded study plans for excellent success. www.naijagists.com
Whichever way you choose, I highly recommend studying and adequate preparations for excellent result.
Below are some of the top 5 Benefits of studying past examination papers for your WAEC exam.
- The next line of action for you now is revision which is reading again all the subjects you have read before with a deeper concentration and understanding. While you are doing this, we recommend that you keep past question papers handy and browse through the questions related to the topics and subjects you have been studying for the past few months.
- Past papers are an important resource that many of the students use when preparing for their exams. It is even more relevant with WAEC because the ideas or questions may be repeated. Past question papers assist you in getting a better idea of what to prepare for and which areas of the exam portions are more important. This way you can find out what you already know and what you don’t know. Plus, they help you manage your time better and allow you to be familiar with the terminology and vocabulary used in the actual exams.
- When people sit down to study they often are stumped about where the resources they require can be found. The problem with past exam papers is that many of the times finding an authentic source is important. A Lot of the past papers come from students or teachers. Sometimes websites claiming to offer free past exam papers have spurious content.
- You can even request the council for past sample papers. Else find some legitimate websites which will provide you with quality content. You can talk to your teachers and discuss the papers or ask them for guidance. Students who are seniors will also have some papers which you can use when studying. You can obtain past questions from bookshops or newspaper vendors. If you stay in Lagos, check the area around Obafemi Awolowo way, under the bridge and shops around Otigba computer village. While working through past questions, take a regular look at your syllabus to avoid any surprises.
- Papers from the past which are solved are useful irrespective of changes in format in the future. There will be a better understanding of the important topics for the exam. You can also gather the time you can spend answering questions and get an idea of what time frame you should finish answering everything in.
- There are often huge amount of portions covered and especially when you are trying to cover it up at the last minute knowing the important areas to focus on will certainly speed things up while also making the whole task easier.
- Time management is yet another critical detail that is looked into when working on past exam papers. Most of the time students do not realize that they can gather a lot by understanding how much they need to answer and what details they can skip. If you know the marking scheme and the evaluation process well, you will score well.
I wish you success in your exams.