Entire Family & 2 Rats Die After Eating Expired, Poisoned Carrot Semolina In Yenagoa Bayelsa
A man, his pregnant wife and their 10 year old boy died yesterday in Swali area of Yenagoa Bayelsa after eating a lunch made with poisoned carrot semolina.
According to family sources, 35-year-old Nkem Igwenta, a petty trader cooked the food her husband 35-year-old Orji Igwenta and their son, Obinna eat on Saturday afternoon sadly the family were found dead few hours after.
2 rats which reportedly ate crumbs of the poisoned meal were also found dead.
The incident happened at Winners Road area of Swali in Yenagoa.
A witness said the expiration date on the Carrot Semolina found in the apartment of the deceased family is February 2002.