March 16, 2015 – Boko Haram Orders Bama Borno Residents To Leave Or Get Killed As Troops Advance
Boko Haram Fighters Burn Sick & Old Bama Residents Alive As Troops Advance To Recapture City
Over the weekend some angry Boko Haram fighters destroyed several homes in Bama area of Borno forcing residents to flee as troops advance to recapture the city.
According to witnesses, the Islamists had earlier warned residents to flee or get killed before setting fire on several homes in the area around 12:00pm on Saturday.
A resident of Bama who identified himself as Umar Kaka said:
“They came into the town around 12:00 pm (1100 GMT) warning that anyone who wanted to leave should leave the town and soon after they began torching homes,”.
“Not all residents could leave because some are too sick or old to leave and we are afraid they were burnt in the homes” Kaka said.
Another resident of Bama Ibrahim Kyari said:
“We learnt soldiers were coming. They advanced on Bama on two fronts and met some resistance at Boboshe and Yale but succeeded in crushing the Boko Haram gunmen,”. “They asked residents to leave which came to us as a surprise because they kept us captives all these seven months and would not allow us to leave,”.
The blaze forced hundreds of residents to flee towards Maiduguri, capital of Borno state, the group’s hometown and stronghold.