Okada Man Roasted Alive After Driving Into Naked High Tension Wire Following Heavy Rainfall In Makurdi Benue State
An unidentified motorcyclist has died after driving into a naked wire.
In the week hours of Thursday the 11th of April 2019, the deceased was electrocuted
According to eyewitnesses, the incident happened when a high tension wire which got cut as a result of the heavy rainfall that lasted throughout the night was left dangling from the pole.
It was learnt that the motorcyclist, who was not aware of the danger ahead when suddenly part of his motorcycle touched the naked wire and immediately, he got electrocuted.
A witness said they tried to stop the cyclist but he did not hear them as they were shouting at him.
“We tried stopping him but he didn’t hear us. Apparently, he didn’t know why we were asking him not to pass the area and he didn’t see the naked wire,” he stated.
At the time of filing this report, the remains of the deceased had been moved to the morgue while officials of FRSC, NSCDC and the Police were at the scene to control traffic and ensure nobody else falls victim again.
Public Relations Officer of NSCDC, Adakola Peter who confirmed the incident said: “as soon as the deceased touched the naked wire, he got completed roasted and died instantly”.
Adakole said the incident happened at about 7 am, adding that the cyclist was carrying a passenger who however escaped narrowly as he jumped down from the motorcycle to save his life.